JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I love the N frame smiths. Fit my hand great. The K frame is okay but a bit small.

So my rant, I want a smith in 22 calibre in a N frame........ But they never made them. Idiots.

I have shot some "L" Frames. It was okay. My preference is for 50 years before the L frame came out.

And they still don't make a 22 in the L frame.....

With enough time and money, anything is possible...

Steel barrel liner, cylinder liner. A bit of machining on the hammer and firing pin system to convert to rimfire, some stiff springs. Voila! A Model 28 Highway Patrolman in .22LR or Mag.

My preference for smiths is the 50"s 4 screw variety. I do have some older and younger, but they are my favorite. I was off on the L frame start date.

I would pay for the liner inserts on a N frame. But the cost of converting centerfire to rimfire and finding the right gunsmith puts it on the back burner.

May have to break down and look for a Colt Trooper.

My preference for smiths is the 50"s 4 screw variety. I do have some older and younger, but they are my favorite. I was off on the L frame start date.

I would pay for the liner inserts on a N frame. But the cost of converting centerfire to rimfire and finding the right gunsmith puts it on the back burner.

May have to break down and look for a Colt Trooper.

The best option would probably be Hamilton Bowen. I assume the cost to convert it would be at least 1000$...

Taurus recently started selling a full size DA that's 22mag/22lr convertible. Sounds like you want a S&W though. Don't worry. If it takes off they'll copy it just like the copied the Judge. In the mean time, I'd try putting a bigger grip on it like Rick suggested.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top