JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$450
Manufacturer
Smith & Wesson
Caliber
9mm
City
Vancouver
State
Washington
I'm slowly cleaning out my gun safe and today I rediscovered my S&W 669. It's new in the box with 2 magazines, cleaning rod, manual, etc. I believe that I fired one magazine through it. It also comes with a S&W leather shoulder holster that is unused. I would like to trade this and my Phoenix HP22 for an interesting handgun of equal value. I don't own a Kel-Tec .22 Magnum, so that might be interesting, of course you'd have to include some cash, but I'm open to offers.

DSC01655.JPG DSC01656.JPG DSC01657.JPG DSC01658.JPG DSC01659.JPG

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
If I may ask, would you be interested in a PMR 30 trade for the smith only? I have only put two mags through it 2 years ago at deer camp. I have plenty of 22's which is why I ask.

It would have to be a new version of a PMR 30 and you would have to include some cash. I'm including a brand new shoulder holster too, so there's that to consider.

David - I've got a WA state CCW and I'll be cruising through Vancouver on Sat 14-Sep (early AM)
Do we need to send it to my FFL in Mason County or can you handle the paperwork yourself?

Hi David. I don't think the CCW makes any difference when it comes to the transfer of firearms here in Washington state. In the past, I have used the services of a local pawn shop. I'll look up the information if you like and I can meet you there. It's a $20.00 charge on you. Feel free to call me at (360) 574-7763 if you like.

Hi David. I don't think the CCW makes any difference when it comes to the transfer of firearms here in Washington state. In the past, I have used the services of a local pawn shop. I'll look up the information if you like and I can meet you there. It's a $20.00 charge on you. Feel free to call me at (360) 574-7763 if you like.
When my FFL did the paperwork for my first handgun, there was a waiting period if I did not have the CCW - I now have the CCW so the transfer is immediate.
Sadly, some misguided autocrats think this will help prevent crime.

When my FFL did the paperwork for my first handgun, there was a waiting period if I did not have the CCW - I now have the CCW so the transfer is immediate.
Sadly, some misguided autocrats think this will help prevent crime.
There is no waiting period for the private party transfer, however, Washington state law requires that someone with a FFL must verify the serial number, buyer and seller ID and record the transaction.

You need to do a private party sale at an FFL . Since it is a semi auto there is a waiting period regardless if if you have cpl or not. Call you dealer and ask.... Don't err and get yourself in a bind. Could cost you a fine and or jail time.....Just sayin'

Agreed. Private party or not, handgun transfers in WA require local LE do do paperwork, could be 2 days could be a week. They have 10 days to get it done. If nothing back from local LE by COB on the 10th business day, all bets are off and FFL hands the pistol over to you. Im going through two of these as we speak. CPL means nothing when it comes to background checks in this state.

There is no waiting period for the private party transfer, however, Washington state law requires that someone with a FFL must verify the serial number, buyer and seller ID and record the transaction.
Can you show where in the law this is. I just bought a gun from a private party and the ffl is hanging on to it.

Has anyone tried pulling off the slide and transferring as a frame?

I asked my usual FFL that question a while back. His answer: "Unlike an AR lower that is designated neither pistol nor rifle from the manufacturer and can therefore be transferred immediately, a pistol frame is designated from the factory to be a pistol and nothing else (serial number validation would prove that), and as such, slide or no slide, is subject to the laws governing handgun transfers."

Now, that's just one FFL I've heard from on that, so I don't have more than one source. But, he knows the law through and through and I trust him explicitly.

Agreed. Private party or not, handgun transfers in WA require local LE do do paperwork, could be 2 days could be a week. They have 10 days to get it done. If nothing back from local LE by COB on the 10th business day, all bets are off and FFL hands the pistol over to you. Im going through two of these as we speak. CPL means nothing when it comes to background checks in this state.
My 2 new handguns are being held by my FFL - but his posture was slightly different from what you said: his comment was:
If they don't approve in 30 days, then the process starts all over again....

IOW, it sounds like he has to re-submit the forms and we're back at ground zero for the 30 day waiting period.
These are handguns, not semi-auto rifles.

He also stated that if I were to buy firearms legally in another state (we were talking about my friend who lives near the ID border), that it's legal to bring them back to WA without any paperwork. I know that is not the case in CA.

He also stated that if I were to buy firearms legally in another state (we were talking about my friend who lives near the ID border), that it's legal to bring them back to WA without any paperwork. I know that is not the case in CA.
Nope.
It's against federal law to transfer a handgun to a nonresident of your state.

If you're in OR or WA (some other states too), legal private sales have to go through an FFL. If you're from out of state the gun has to be picked-up from an FFL in the buyer's state... that last part is federal.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top