JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Very rare 4 groove barrel smith corona model 03-A3 serial #368250 looks to be all original and in terrific shape. *** Ad closed till further research is done*** $2200 IMG_20190106_145000861.jpg IMG_20190106_145014991.jpg IMG_20190106_145032383.jpg IMG_20190106_145038915.jpg IMG_20190106_145855184.jpg

IMG_20190106_144952005.jpg IMG_20190106_144956729.jpg

Last Edited:
The stock is um, no longer original. Do you have the original stock and handguard?
Also, at least the bolt shroud is not original. You do have a very nice action and barrel! Good luck with your sale!

The stock is um, no longer original. Do you have the original stock and handguard?
Also, at least the bolt shroud is not original. You do have a very nice action and barrel! Good luck with your sale!
I dont have any other parts. Was told this is original, all the pictures ive gone through looks just like this one

This is what an original will look like. The shape of some of the bolt parts delineate manufacturer. I am a bit obsessive with these guns. You have a very nice and desirable piece to restore, but it isn't close to original.
I'm sorry. Not trying to thread crap on you, just trying to be helpful. You absolutely have something of value, but not as an original gun.

77229F17-3A35-49CD-92A0-4229C37ECE8C.jpeg

I appreciate it, this and several other guns I just posted came out of a friends collection that has not been touched since the 1960's. Since you know more about it do you have any idea of what I have here? I'm more into AK47s and shooters than antiques.

You have a sporterized 1903a3 Springfield rifle. These were surplused out of government stores for the last four or five decades and were a popular cheap hunting gun.

Someone has taken the full length stock and chopped it and removed the handguard. The good thing is, the action and barre look intact. Those are important. New wood can be found. This gun was likely rearsenalled st some point as the bolt doesn't match the action manufacturer. The barrel should have the letter SC, an ordnance flaming bomb, and a month and date under that.

Honestly, you probably have, at the top end, a $400 gun. It won't ever be original again, but can be restored to correct condition. The critical pieces are there. But some parts will have to be found (as in they're missing), some changed, and some repaired.

Or, honestly, it could be shot as is. As a sporter. But the fact that it is a Smith Corona makes it more valuable as a receiver and barrel than the same gun made by Remington.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

ADDED: I bought my Smith Corona in almost the exact same condition at a pawn shop last year for $200. I thought I got a screaming deal. I have sourced almost all the parts to make it correct, but it has cost several hundred more dollars in parts.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.