JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I ran in to a problem reassembling a Smith and Wesson 9mm EZ. The pistol was brand new. I took it apart to clean and lube it. I made the mistake of pressing on the grip safety while putting the slide on to the frame. The slide got stuck about 1/2 inch from the rear of the frame and I could not move it. I was able to get in touch with customer service at Smith and Wesson and they told me how to fix the problem. They receive calls about the issue every week with both the 9mm and the 380 ACP EZ pistols.

Hold on to the grip firmly while not depressing the grip safety. Apply forward pressure to the slide, while rocking it side to side. As you push it forward and rock it the slide moves forward and comes off of the grip. This technique works. I really like the pistols, especially the 380 EZ. It may be easier if you have someone help you by holding the grip frame while you work the slide.
Jim

Upcoming Events

Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top