JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In a sling I'm looking for about 1.25" webbing thats tough enough not to get torn up from touching velcro. For example, the Magpul MS2 sling in FDE after a deployment looks like an Irishman's face after not shaving for a year. They addressed that with the MS3 though.
I dont really care for padding because you shouldn't be letting the sling bare the weight of your rifle anyway (unless going hands on with someone, and doing a task that requires both hands.)
I also like a sling that allows the weapon to transition from left to right shoulder firing positions without having to be adjusted which almost always means a single point sling.
I also require a sling that can quickly be detached from the weapon with single handed operation.
Some bungee material is nice for muzzel strikes, but not 100% necessary.
And lastly quality hardware that isn't too bulky, but is still durable.

In a belt, it depends if the belt will be worn with my plate carrier or if I'm just wearing belt mounted equipment only. If I'm wearing it with my plate carrier then I preffer MOLLE attachment webbing because it's more compatible and belt-keepers aren't necessary because my plates will keep the belt from rising when gear is drawn from it.
If I'm not wearing a plate carrier, but still need standard 1st line items, then a rigid 1.75" duty belt works fine, but that requires belt-keepers to secure it to my riggers belt.
If I'm just messing around at the range, and want my sidearms, and spare pistol and AR mag, then I simply use a regular Tactical Tailor riggers belt with kydex holster and mag pouches.

Great information. You are obvsiously a person who has some tactical expeirence. What if I told you those better pieces of equipemtn existed today where you get the better sling of both worlds and a better belt..built by Americans

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top