JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In a sling I'm looking for about 1.25" webbing thats tough enough not to get torn up from touching velcro. For example, the Magpul MS2 sling in FDE after a deployment looks like an Irishman's face after not shaving for a year. They addressed that with the MS3 though.
I dont really care for padding because you shouldn't be letting the sling bare the weight of your rifle anyway (unless going hands on with someone, and doing a task that requires both hands.)
I also like a sling that allows the weapon to transition from left to right shoulder firing positions without having to be adjusted which almost always means a single point sling.
I also require a sling that can quickly be detached from the weapon with single handed operation.
Some bungee material is nice for muzzel strikes, but not 100% necessary.
And lastly quality hardware that isn't too bulky, but is still durable.

In a belt, it depends if the belt will be worn with my plate carrier or if I'm just wearing belt mounted equipment only. If I'm wearing it with my plate carrier then I preffer MOLLE attachment webbing because it's more compatible and belt-keepers aren't necessary because my plates will keep the belt from rising when gear is drawn from it.
If I'm not wearing a plate carrier, but still need standard 1st line items, then a rigid 1.75" duty belt works fine, but that requires belt-keepers to secure it to my riggers belt.
If I'm just messing around at the range, and want my sidearms, and spare pistol and AR mag, then I simply use a regular Tactical Tailor riggers belt with kydex holster and mag pouches.

Great information. You are obvsiously a person who has some tactical expeirence. What if I told you those better pieces of equipemtn existed today where you get the better sling of both worlds and a better belt..built by Americans

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top