JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This year I have been collecting and giving out sleeping bags to homeless people and shelters. No questions asked.

If you have old sleeping bags and are thinking of upgrading to something that packs smaller and lighter, I would love to meet you and collect old, clean, sleeping bags from you.

It's not as cold as last year but giving someone cold a way to get warm blesses you as much as those to whom you give.

The quality of mercy is not strain'd,
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath: it is twice blest;
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes:
'Tis mightiest in the mightiest: it becomes
The throned monarch better than his crown;
His sceptre shows the force of temporal power,
The attribute to awe and majesty,
Wherein doth sit the dread and fear of kings;
But mercy is above this sceptred sway;
It is enthroned in the hearts of kings,
It is an attribute to God Himself;
And earthly power doth then show likest God's
When mercy seasons justice. Therefore,
Though justice be thy plea, consider this,
That in the course of justice, none of us
Should see salvation. We do pray for mercy;
And that same prayer doth teach us all to render
The deeds of mercy.

Last Edited:
I feel so twisted in my faith and humanity when it comes to the homeless.
I appreciate people wanting to help people in need.

But I can't bring myself to feel the humanity for 99% of the homeless in these liberal hell holes.

These people don't do a drop of work, and probably get more money than I do at the end of the day.
More and more taxes to feed, cloth, and baby them.
Passing endless camps and shanty towns, streets litered with Dilapidated RVs, needles and garage strewn about for miles.

I saw a homeless guy on the side of I5 two days ago with an Iphone.

F these people. They are less fortunate because they have created and welcomed less fortune for the lifestyle them have lived.

I would take the shirt off my back, the shoes from my feet to help someone truly in need. These people are scum, parasites that feed from the humanity of society.

Not going with the quote from Matthew but giving is not about what it does for the recipient but what it does for the giver.

I understand not wanting to support these people who have made such disastrous life decisions, but I disagree in as much as they are people and they are miserable and we can do some minimal things to make that better.

I have been close to being on the streets. If I am there someday then I will rely on the mercy of others. If I don't give now who will give for me then?

It is a struggle when thinking about the choice people have made, but I am reminded of Jesus saying whatsoever you do to the LEAST of these my brothers, you have done it to me. If He puts someone in front of me I have resolved to do it for Him regardless of the circumstances.

Proud of you Goosebrown

Sorry.
(Not sorry.)

download.jpg

I commend you for your compassion.

In the Forest Grove area, the homeless population is increasing daily. They have camps set up on Hwy 47 in the right of way. A friend no longer can run down there because they panhandle her and get aggressive.

I get panhandled every fing time I go to the Safeway in town. Twice the last trip. A friend is a senior LEO in town and says he deals with at least 6 calls related to homeless and crime every shift and he says there is a direct relationship to both.

I would say the visible population in this area has increased by 25 people in the last 3 weeks. Probably more if that is all I see in my 18 to 24 miles or so a day travel over the same roads.

Sleeping bags to warm the good people who are genuinely in need of assistance... and hot lead for the drug addicted menaces burglarizing your neighborhood.;)
Remember, it is up to you to see the difference, and trust me (if you pay attention) it is not all that difficult.

Where did last years bags and blankets go?
I have had the same bag since 1977 and it is excellent. I value it.

I work for an entity that deals with "Homeless"folks in a bunch of ways. I see them almost daily, see their refuse that my coworkers gather and put into dumpsters. I see the vandalism they do, their trends throughout the year, bounce city to city.
I will say this...a high percentage are on the streets by THEIR choice.
They do not value items like bags, they are disposable.
The truely needy folks do go to outreach orgs and humblely get what they need to survive. Our tax dollars even printed a resource book for them with name addresses and what is available to them so they can find these services and items.
Tools are in place from our tax dollars for the truely needy. vagarants are a different lot.
So, Where did last years coats and sleeping bags go? They were left like a dirty plate at grammas after dinner.

So here are my thoughts ladies and gentlemen. Goosebrown is trying to do something good and that is what this thread is for.

I understand that some including my don't trust all the homeless but that is for another thread. Lets not side track this thread.

Goose my wife said she has some old blankets and that she will dig them out this weekend I will let you know and we can arrange to meet up.

Whatsoever you do to these the least of my brothers, you have done it to me.

I think it's long past time people get over all this bullbubblegum of "liberals vs conservatives" and just be ok with each other. It's really sad. People need help, and those of us that give that help in whatever small way are to be commended for their efforts and thanked by the entire community.

Good on you, OP. The winters here are harsh, and even if all these homeless people are just tax dodging welfare queen drug addict vandals, it's good to see someone not pay attention to all the bs politics and just lend a hand.

This year I have been collecting and giving out sleeping bags to homeless people and shelters. No questions asked.

If you have old sleeping bags and are thinking of upgrading to something that packs smaller and lighter, I would love to meet you and collect old, clean, sleeping bags from you.

It's not as cold as last year but giving someone cold a way to get warm blesses you as much as those to whom you give.

The quality of mercy is not strain'd,
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath: it is twice blest;
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes:
'Tis mightiest in the mightiest: it becomes
The throned monarch better than his crown;
His sceptre shows the force of temporal power,
The attribute to awe and majesty,
Wherein doth sit the dread and fear of kings;
But mercy is above this sceptred sway;
It is enthroned in the hearts of kings,
It is an attribute to God Himself;
And earthly power doth then show likest God's
When mercy seasons justice. Therefore,
Though justice be thy plea, consider this,
That in the course of justice, none of us
Should see salvation. We do pray for mercy;
And that same prayer doth teach us all to render
The deeds of mercy.

Goosebrown,
I wish to extend my apologies publicly, for posting my "thread crapper" post, which I have deleted. What you are doing is good work and I wish you all the best.
Mike

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads