JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I like good quality tools, but Im not in a position to spend lots of money on them. This brings me to look for good value products. Example: I recently decided I wanted a large fixed blade knife for utility use around the campsite, and it had to be under $80. My stipulations were as follows: 1080-1095 carbon steel blade, aprox 10" blade, 3/16" thick or thicker and from a fairly decent manufacturer. I considered a lot of machetes on the market from Cold steel and KA-Bar, I hunted the web for hours and then stumbled upon the KA-Bar "Zombie Killer" "War Sword". Now, normally Im not real fond of "gimmicky" things but the ZK line of blades had everything I was looking for. There are several different designs in the ZK line, The one that immediately caught my attention was the "War Sword". It has a 9 5/8" blade, Full tang design, Blade thickness is 3/16" and is made from SK5 steel (an oriental equivalent to 1080-1095 depending on who you talk to). It is imported from Taiwan, but that is to be expected with most inexpensive blades).
The knife comes with and additional small skeletonized blade for small work, a black nylon sheath that I think really sucks (so I made my own), and two sets of scales, gimmicky green and low key black. It came sharp enough to shave some hair on the back of my hand, but I resharpened it with a 30deg included angle for rough use. I used the knife around the camp for splitting firewood, thus, the black finish on the blade is a little worn.
The pictures below show the knife with the sheath I made which is an ambidextrous, custom fit Kydex sheath with a level 1 retention, wrapped in MultiCam Cordura with MOLLE webbing.

photo2-20.jpg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR