JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just signed up for the Blackstone group's Utah/Arizona combo CCW class at the Expo Center on 10 Saturday 2016. I already have my Oregon CHL, but I want to be able to carry when I cross the river into Washington (and other yonder parts). It's like the Wild West over there, ya know... Hah!

Dan Blackstone is a great instructor. His wife is so sweet. You will learn alot if you go in with an open mind. Be aware that the Utah CCW permit process is taking about 48 days now after they receive it. I called and was told to send money order. Faster processing. Not sure if it's true, but I sent money order anyways.

You will get a hat at the class. If you go to a gun show and go to their booth, while wearing the hat, you get a free shirt. "An armed society is a polite society"

If I knew I was going to get a hat and a shirt I would have signed up long ago! Seriously though, I'm looking forward to it.
Also, I think this will be my first gun show. I don't know why that is, maybe because as a rule I don't like crowded Big Events, but other than blundering into one or two small ones I've never attended a big gun show on purpose.

Taking the MAX to today's Blackstone class/gun show because paying $8.00 for friggin' Expo Center parking sticks in my craw a bit. But that's just me.

Also, I think it's funny that you can't carry a gun at a gun show in the Expo Center. WTF? Again, that's just me.

Last Edited:
Back from the UT/AZ Blackstone class. It was great, nice people and knowledgable. A little over four hours and now I have the paperwork to send off to legally carry in the majority of states. Recommended! Afterwards I strolled though the gun show and somehow resisted buying that FN FAL beauty. Sad now.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top