JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sign Company Deluged By Orders For "Guns Are Welcome" Signs
Posted by Bob Owens on July 26, 2014 at 10:41 am
We've written twice about the Maryville, Tennessee restaurant that has seen it's business go through the roof after posting signs that lawfully carried handguns were welcome.
Now Red Eye Printing, the Sevierville company that made the pro-gun signs is seeing their sign business pick up as other customers are lining up to buy similar signs to generate <broken link removed> :
"We are a small fish in a big pond," said Phillip Davis, the owner. "We're not going to retire off of these signs. But the good thing about it is it gets awareness out there for the Second Amendment rights."
Davis said the gun-friendly signs range from $5 to $20.
"We've gotten orders for them from a martial arts place, a bakery, a couple of mechanic shops. A lot of the small companies. I don't think you're going to see a whole lot of the major corporations doing the same thing," said Davis.
Clear Silat's Street Kung Fu and Tai Chi, in downtown Maryville, recently ordered a 'firearms are welcome' sign from Davis.
"I called Sharma because it really caught my attention because that's something I've always kind of done with my classes but I hadn't really put it out there where it was that kind of a sign in a window that way," said Richard Clear, who has studied martial arts in the US and China for more than 30 years.
Clear said he has taught students from the CIA, SWAT, DEA, and military special operations, and teaches men and women how to defend themselves against an armed or unarmed attacker at his Maryville studio.
"It's great that she posted the signs. She's really encouraging the law abiding citizens to do that, which is our right in this country," said Clear. "I should have my sign in the next couple of days."
It really should not be surprising at all that people have favorable reactions to those companies that espouse support of a basic human and constitutional right.
maryville.jpg
When a company says "guns are welcome here" to their customers, it is sending another message as well. They are also saying, "We think you are good people, and we trust you with our lives."
How can customers not feel empowered by such an extension of trust, and develop a sense of loyalty to such a company?

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews