JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh good. More expensive, harder to find, less powerful ammo. What's not to love
Agreed. Since it has the same dimensions and capacity as the original 9mm version, and is only marginally lighter, seems like a tough sell.

They're marketing it as "Less recoil and reduced racking force"

Last Edited:
I had my wife shoot my Sig P365XL at the range last week. She liked the grip and sights, but after the first shot she said "Oh **** no!"

They really had to lighten the slide to get it to cycle the 380, so I doubt that they will have an XL version. All p365-380 will have an optics cut. A 12 round P365-380X would be nice.

I had my wife shoot my Sig P365XL at the range last week. She liked the grip and sights, but after the first shot she said "Oh **** no!"

They really had to lighten the slide to get it to cycle the 380, so I doubt that they will have an XL version. All p365-380 will have an optics cut. A 12 round P365-380X would be nice.
I just bought my fiancée an XL she better like it regardless if she wants to or not! Lmao my girl wasn't a fan of the original 365 but the XL feels solid. I got her the Romeo zero version I know their cheap but that red dot really helps!

Similar story here.

I bought my wife a P365XL for her concealed as a gift, before she had a chance to shoot it (my mistake :().

She finds it far too snappy to enjoy, no matter how much I try to explain that the physics dictate it, compared to her beloved P320.

Only a matter of time before the aftermarket comes up with better frames. I'd be excited to see a small, thin, aluminum .380.

7CAB37EC-F428-40BE-9ADB-D8FDF0841D19.jpeg

Oh good. More expensive, harder to find, less powerful ammo. What's not to love
Two years, we still have no .380 or .38 Special FMJ. This is incredibly frustrating and severely limits CCW options.

I am starting to see some 45 ACP now, so maybe there is reason to be hopeful more calibers are on their way back onto shelves.

Two years, we still have no .380 or .38 Special FMJ. This is incredibly frustrating and severely limits CCW options.

I am starting to see some 45 ACP now, so maybe there is reason to be hopeful more calibers are on their way back onto shelves.
I hate to be "that guy" though that's one of the main reasons to roll your own.

I hate to be "that guy" though that's one of the main reasons to roll your own.
Yeah that's the standard answer I always get. Unfortunately it's not an option for a lot of us. My wife has never once objected to my collecting guns or going shooting, despite the fact she has no support from her peers and probably receives anti-gun pressure from numerous idiots online. If I start spending hours in the garage reloading on top of all my other hobbies that might be the last straw.

About the P365: I will say Sig has done a good job of keeping guns in stock, so I applaud them.The P365 is very reasonably priced. If I had the discretionary funds right now I would probably buy a P365 in 9mm and put a laser on it.

TargetSports has some FMJ (or at least they did a few weeks ago when I placed an order)

Sportsman's up here has Hornady JHP's and the local AR store has Buffalo Bore +P.

If you're really hurtin for it and up in the PDX area, I'll pass on a few boxes at cost.

You don't have any of those 😝!
I've seen .380 fmj at sportsman's as recently as last Saturday. .38 fmj is unobtanium, unless you laid up in it pre-Covid. Oddly, I've found wadcutters and SWCs pretty readily online. If you haven't checked recoil gunworks' site they may have some .38, they usually do. .45 I've been buying in bulk from LAX ammo.

If not I may have a box I can spare.

That makes zero sense. Lack of fmj would not limit ccw options because fmj is a horrible idea and if you think otherwise you're misguided and misinformed.
It makes lots of sense if you practice

Let's assume I've found my HP loads to perform reliably and I just want to practice w/ my carry gun(s)

Last Edited:
They're marketing it as "Less recoil and reduced racking force"
This is because they are getting crushed by the S&W EZ series with folks that are perhaps more senior, arthritic or have grip strength issues where racking slides is a challenge. This has become a significant market that companies just cannot ignore anymore. The days of, "Here little lady, all you need is this 2" 5-shot revolver," are (thankfully) dying.

We tend to train quite a few folks that fall into that demographic and we have both a 365 and the .380 & 9mm EZ for them to shoot. No one has yet to go out and get a 365 (it's a great gun). Others have shown up with Hellcats, G43's, Rugers, regular Shields, etc. and replaced them with the EZ's. (Speaking primarily about folks with grip / strength issues.)

.380 is out there and the prices is way down from the crazy high a year ago. As noted by @Hueco, TargetSportsUSA has both .380 (just over $20 if you join their club, $23 otherwise) and 38 FMJ ($25) in stock this morning. I've seen both LGS and Sportsmans with .380 and some (pricy) 38 as well. For both these calibers we really need to buy, buy, buy when the price is low and availability is plentiful.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top