JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have one. I've never dropped it. I don't ever plan to drop it. That being said, has anyone here sent in their 320 to have the trigger upgraded and got it back yet?

If you have, what do you think of the upgrade? What did they do to your gun? Is it a flat trigger after the VUP? Did the work they did change (increase) the trigger pressure? I'd just like to talk to someone who's been through the VUP before I commit to sending mine in, and I cant get anyone to answer the phone at SIG, and the video they link you to doesn't answer my questions. Thx.

I have one. I've never dropped it. I don't ever plan to drop it. That being said, has anyone here sent in their 320 to have the trigger upgraded and got it back yet?

If you have, what do you think of the upgrade? What did they do to your gun? Is it a flat trigger after the VUP? Did the work they did change (increase) the trigger pressure? I'd just like to talk to someone who's been through the VUP before I commit to sending mine in, and I cant get anyone to answer the phone at SIG, and the video they link you to doesn't answer my questions. Thx.
I had one and did the upgrade. I just sold the pistol.

Now on with your questions. Increased trigger pull? No it did not. It's actually a nicer trigger pull.

Next, it's still a curved trigger but it has less mass to it.

Definitely worth the upgrade. I just wish they did what Ruger did with the mark 4 22/45 and give you an extra magazine.

They mill out a small spot in your slide and install a disconnect. The trigger is physically lighter but no increase in trigger pull. Some people say it feels better, others can't tell the difference. Trigger is not a flat trigger but you may be able to pay for one since they are changing the trigger anyways.

Had it done to my 320C RX. The trigger is noticeably different visually but I'd only put a hundred rounds thru it before I sent it off. When I got it back I put another hundred thru it. I can't tell any difference. I still shoot it better than any of my other guns (thanks to the red-dot).

Now that said, the small spot they mill out in the slide is not refinished so it stands out. It's possible that that spot is now more prone to corrosion because it's not as protected as the rest of the gun. I personally don't like that it's not finished and that the trigger mod was really just taking mass off of the trigger (looks way thinner). But again, I could not tell the difference when shooting it.

When they sent RMA for my Rx model & returned it was something short of a week, startling I know.

I was perfectly satisfied prior to change; the upgrade was a slight yet noticeable improvement in already 'good' trigger. I had measured my trigger pull prior; upon return it was slightly less. I don't have the exact number recorded & my gauge is an old mechanical version so that '1/2#' is difficult to confirm.

No complaints, the slightly decreased curve fits my notion of form & function.

Some on the Sig forum aren't satisfied; seems most are happy.

Thanks, everybody, for your thoughts and replies to my questions. I'm relieved to hear that the trigger pull is not negatively affected by the upgrade, and heartened to hear that some say it's even slightly improved. Also, I'm glad to hear that the original, curved trigger is replaced with a curved one (cuz I don't like flat triggers). I was a little worried this upgrade would change the "feel" of my gun, since I've put over 6,000 rounds through it over the past year or so and I'm pretty used to its feel as it currently exists. But from what I've read here, I think I'm "go for launch" on this upgrade now.

Just a couple more questions and I'll be done.
1) Is the new trigger still shaped in a [-section (cross-sectionally) as was the old one?
2) I'm assuming it's still a steel trigger and not a plastic/polymer one (to reduce the weight)?
3) @41mag says he got his back in less than a week. What was you other guys' experience in turnaround time? I have a match coming up in a month, plus another series training after that, and need/want this piece then. Do I have time to get it back if I send it in now, or should I wait until after all my scheduled stuff is over to send it in?
Thanks again, guys!

The trigger is shaped the same as the original. It's made out of the same metal as the original. Your going to wait longer to get the label than you will for the upgrade.

Awesome! Thanks, j8!
And I've already got the label. In fact, SIG just sent me a second one this week cuz I never sent the gun in after they gave me the first label. o_O

I did mine several months ago, probably early in their repair process. They sent the email and postage labels, I sent it off and got it back in a week! I was shocked how fast it was. I too cannot tell much difference. They reduced the weight on the inner trigger assembly. I liked the pistol before and after.

Awesome! Thanks, Lazy!
I pulled the trigger (no pun intended) two days ago and mailed it off. FedEx tracker sez it was delivered to the SIG facility at around 10 AM today. Anxious to get my EDC back... o_O

Been off the board for a while, but thought that I'd touch base on this upgrade thread...
  • I did indeed get the piece back in exactly one week.
  • The trigger pull is about the same
  • The trigger is still a curved trigger
  • The trigger is still made of steel
  • The trigger is still [-shaped in cross-section
  • There is no longer a reset to the trigger
All in all, it's OK, but I kinda wish now that I had not done it, cuz the reset is gone.
But it still runs like a fine Swiss watch, so I'll keep on shootin' it... :)

Whoa, reset is gone?!? Do you mean there is no audible/tactile click during release of the trigger after a sear break and slide cycle? That would SUCK!

I do know that the dry-fire click is gone with the upgrade. That means one cannot pull-pull-pull and get a sear break-click-click. Now you get a sear break-nothing-nothing. This is what I've heard. One of my 320's is currently at Sig getting the work done. I'll report here when it comes back in a few days.

Whoa, reset is gone?!? Do you mean there is no audible/tactile click during release of the trigger after a sear break and slide cycle? That would SUCK!

I do know that the dry-fire click is gone with the upgrade. That means one cannot pull-pull-pull and get a sear break-click-click. Now you get a sear break-nothing-nothing. This is what I've heard. One of my 320's is currently at Sig getting the work done. I'll report here when it comes back in a few days.
Well, I should prolly test that better than I did, but your second paragraph is certainly correct. There is no more clicking after the first dry fire. Just... nothing...

I'll take it to the range soon and listen/feel specifically for a reset. I just know that it "feels" different than before it went in for the VUP...

Testing complete. Mission accomplished.
BLUF: There is still a reset after the upgrade.

OK, so here's the skinny... Took both my 320 and my 365 out a coupla nights ago. There is still a reset on the 320, but it's now about the same level of audible/tactile "click" as in my new 365. SIG's website says that they built the 365 with all of the features that were incorporated into the 320 trigger upgrade program in mind, so the fact that they sound and feel the same now makes sense. The FCU in the 365 is very similar to the 320's, so all that seems to jive as well.

I would say that the reset is more "subdued" now than before the upgrade, but I would not say that it is a "false" reset. I do not notice the reset when I go rapid-fire (never did before the upgrade, either), but the reset is indeed there. I can get it when I'm deliberately trying to catch it, as in releasing the trigger slowly after a round is discharged. The gun will indeed fire again after I hear/feel the click. So there it is...

Last Edited:
Yep, I just received my voluntary upgrade P320 from the FedEx guy 10 minutes ago.

1) It still has a very clear reset (and only one, single reset)
2) The trigger pull is a bit lighter than before (short pre-travel, smooth take-up without stacking, and no over-travel)
3) It has lost the dry-fire click

This gun is for a parent of mine so I went ahead and got it "fixed" by Sig. However, I would never do this for one of my own Sigs. I have an X5 that will NEVER go back to them! But then I am someone who can never leave well enough alone and my Sig has aftermarket trigger parts that they would remove.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top