JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sig Sauer P220 demand has sure died. I picked up a "as new" German made (stainless slide) for & a new P220 Combat for well below retail. Less than a Turkish or Philippine made 1911. Hard to understand why a high quality Sig Sauer's pistol demand has dropped so low. I've liked them since looking at pictures of them as a boy in the late '70s in my father's Gun Digests.
C136E9B3-1AB3-4D48-A55D-A075A09DCA72.jpeg
P220 (German Parts/ American Assembly)
A7381B42-80BF-46C6-B628-0E910576F35A.jpeg
P220 Combat (American Made)

Last Edited:
When Keith's and NW Armory have police trade in P220's for $500 a lot of people already have a couple .
I picked up a 220 and 225 both made in 1985 and had hardly been shot .
That was about 8 years ago, pickings may be a bit slim by now.

I want to get a early W. German P220 & a P225 for my collection. With the market prices so low, it will not break the bank to add them to my safe. I think guys want double stacks with rails. I like the clean look of my P220 over the rail look of my new P220 Combat.

The 220 is my favorite .45 pistol, maybe even more so than the 1911. My German 220 is stone reliable, and is capable of better accuracy than I can demonstrate. It's near the top of my list of "go-to" guns for home defense use, and I've even CCW'd it once or twice...

I find that I am daily carrying my p220 more often than my 1911s. The p220 will feed and shoot every 45acp round I have fed it, both steel and brass cased, especially jhp rounds. My 1911s don't always like jhp ammo. Never had a problem with my 1911s and any fmj ammo. You know the story. Simple giudelines for carry with my 1911s - special jhps for the city; any fmjs for the country or the range. Happy Friday everyone :D

I actually shot a P220 for the first time the morning of my wedding back in '87. No, I didn't clip somebody or force her to marry me. I did have to turn my head so to hear the preacher from the good ear during the ceremony. It was on my list until I was finally able to buy one new in '92. I still have it... and my wife of 31 years. :D

I've always wanted one, but each time I'd go to the shop to buy one, I decide that's they're just to fat for my liking, and ccw. (No offense to those that like fat bottom girls).

I, sir, am a proudly liberal snowflake. Just one who happens to like the Second Amendment and shooting. I have lots of pistols, both all steel, alloy/steel, and polymer. along with an adequate number of long guns. Can we please try not to paint everyone with a broad brush here?

One of the local pawnshops had 2 for sale in excellent condition with original box for a very reasonable price a few months ago. I bought one of them

Now I even have a 22lr conversion kit for it for fun.

You've got to love the .45apc, kind of wish I still had my S&W Model 645. Since the photo was taken I changed the grip back to the original from Sig.

DSC_5965.JPG

in case anyone is looking for old school West German Sigs, this seller on GB always has a few, I bought my '86 P226 from him:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/787923277

Last Edited: