JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got mine 'fixed' early on after the recall. Have had zero issues with it. Have taken 3 classes with it and shot 4-500 rounds each time. Any malfunctions were my fault. But have never thrown or dropped my pistol as of yet either.

Mine is post recall, put probably 15 k through it in competition, this year. No unintentional discharges. That being said, I have not dropped the weapon. I do run the FCU through an ultrasonic cleaner fairly regularly to remove carbon and debris.

Same here with mine I got it in early 2018 and have done multiple classes and range visits with 4000 round in mine. Never had an issue. Great tool! Went and got a second one to carry.

Guess I should specify, mine is the X-5 legion model, the trigger is a little bit different than the other models. No safety on mine, so I don't know that I'd be comfortable carrying it for EDC.

However, our review found nine instances where guns reportedly fired without warning after they were upgraded by the company.

Interesting.

This is the first I've heard that there is still an issue AFTER the guns were upgraded. It would have been good if they had provided more info on this. What is their source and what were the circumstances surrounding this? Seems like we would be hearing a lot more on this if there was still an issue.

I never understood how this initially happened. Gun makers must test the hell out of new gun designs. I find it very difficult to believe that Sig didn't know about this issue...and they released the gun anyway. That is NOT ok.

I think that the INCREDIBLY small percentage of ACTUAL mechanical failures leading to the guns firing in 2018 makes an excellent scape goat for other people's negligence. Also, if you "upgrade" your gun without a really strong, thorough understanding of how it may effect the rest of the components you probably shouldn't. Lots of issues arise when you start adding that goofy shiit that Instagram shills "review". Titanium nitride this or that, lightened firing pins and speed holes in your extractor. Probably people are fiddling with trigger geometry when they have no real understanding of the design. Anyone remember Zev Triggers making Glocks go full auto? If i wasn't invested in Glock and mags, id probably have a P320 and would have no issues carrying it appendix, pointed at my micro penis 16 hours a day.

Interesting.

This is the first I've heard that there is still an issue AFTER the guns were upgraded. It would have been good if they had provided more info on this. What is their source and what were the circumstances surrounding this? Seems like we would be hearing a lot more on this if there was still an issue.

I never understood how this initially happened. Gun makers must test the hell out of new gun designs. I find it very difficult to believe that Sig didn't know about this issue...and they released the gun anyway. That is NOT ok.
This is exactly my concern. The story cites QC issues at Sig (which have been at-issue in the past). My curiosity comes because I see the P320 an alternative to the Glock 19, and have been considering a purchase.

"We've designed safety elements into every necessary feature on this pistol... the P320 won't fire unless you want it to."

Strange marketing, shouldn't this be EVERY gun? :confused:

I suspect this is just more pulling forward the old failures. I've got an X-Compact (my carry), X-Carry, and X-5 Legion and have had zero problems with the platform. And I'm fairly certain I've dropped my X-Carry a couple of times.

Bought my P320 (Compact Medium in .40SW) in June of 2016, and sent it in for the VUP in March of 2018.
Have fired over 13,000 rounds through this firearm in 4+ years without a single unintentional discharge or any malfunction on the part of the firearm.
It is the only pistol I use in competition, and it's also my winter carry piece.

That being said, there was a video on the Guns & Gadgets site this past summer that stated that even after the upgrade, P320s were lighting off without a trigger pull.
Seems weird that I can go 13,000+ rounds and never see that happen... o_O

ETA: Found the July 2020 video from G&G. Also must give a hat tip to @BlackdogGS, who originally posted the video below in this thread.

Last Edited:
Bought my P320 (Compact Medium in .40SW) in June of 2016, and sent it in for the VUP in March of 2018.
Have fired over 13,000 rounds through this firearm in 4+ years without a single unintentional discharge or any malfunction on the part of the firearm.
It is the only pistol I use in competition, and it's also my winter carry piece.

That being said, there was a video on the Guns & Gadgets site this past summer that stated that even after the upgrade, P320s were lighting off without a trigger pull.
Seems weird that I can go 13,000+ rounds and never see that happen... o_O

Nah, not weird. It's a QC issue with their parts. Most are probably fine, but some are not.

I just read on another board about a death at at a range.
It was at a match and the shooter was told to make ready, he went to holster the pistol, missed and it hit the floor. It discharged and shot the RSO through the heart and lung killing him instantly.
The pistol was a CZ 75B, unknown if it was modified.

Bad deal all around.

This is exactly my concern. The story cites QC issues at Sig (which have been at-issue in the past). My curiosity comes because I see the P320 an alternative to the Glock 19, and have been considering a purchase.
M&P 2.0's are a great alternative to Glocks too. And especially if you're willing to drop an Apex into it. I'm biased though. I've always preferred. M&P's to Glocks. YMMV. :)

M&P 2.0's are a great alternative to Glocks too. And especially if you're willing to drop an Apex into it. I'm biased though. I've always preferred. M&P's to Glocks. YMMV. :)

Both good options and better than the 320.

Upcoming Events

Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top