Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Sig P239 Good gun?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by glockguy, Nov 23, 2009.

1. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

So Iv been looking around for a new .40 compact/subcompact. and Iv Had the G27.. I liked it. Then I was looking at the XD40 and also the Sig P239.. I am liking the sig. and i found a barely used one for $529 Comes with 2 7 round mags and box. Wat do you guys think about the sig?:confused:

2. motoman98

motoman98 Gresham, OR Active Member

I've had one since they first came out, mid 90's maybe. Mine is in .40 S&W. Bought another last year in 9mm. Accurate, totally reliable, and easy to carry. If you get it, try the Hogue grips; they work really well.

3. yotehunter

yotehunter north west Active Member

I have one and love it. It is my everyday carry gun.

4. glockguy

Do they have a manual Safety on them??

5. motoman98

motoman98 Gresham, OR Active Member

Sigs as a rule, do not.

6. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Any gun with the name Sig in front of it is a good gun...usually a great one. :)

7. bersaguy

bersaguy Oregon Member

The P239 has a decocker but no manual safety.

8. chase

chase Wilsonville, OR Active Member

I pushed my brother to upgrade to the Sig 239 in .40 SW, and he really likes it. We made a deal if he gets a new gun, I get his old Glock 23, second gen for a good price. Personally we both won.

The Sig 239 is a very nice gun, the trigger in single action is smooth and crisp, and the overall quality and feel is great too. I really like the decocking mechanism for when doing drills. THe 239, is very easy to field strip and clean which is always a plus in my opinion.

But personally I liked the Glock 23, because it was cheaper for me and had more rounds 13 vs 7, plus its thinner. It just depends what you need/want in a firearm. The sig is definitely more of an elite class in my opinion.

$529 is a really good price, does it have the night sights? I would say go for it, its a nice upgrade from the glock, if you don't mind loosing the 6 rounds...

9. johnharris11

johnharris11 Central Point Member

I have one in 40 cal and I love it. I upgraded from the Glock 23 and don't regret it at all. That is a great price. If you want a great quality handgun then get it, you won't be disappointed.:thumbup:

10. glockguy

Yes This one is a .40 I believe its just got the standard White sights. but the gun is in great condition no scratches or anything. the barrels has a little wear but that's it. I put it on layaway so now i just gotta come up with the rest of the money:(

11. odiesplace97301

odiesplace97301 silverton area Member

I have the 9mm looking to get the 40, The 9 i a great gun and my summer time edc.