Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Sig P239 Good gun?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by glockguy, Nov 23, 2009.

1. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

So Iv been looking around for a new .40 compact/subcompact. and Iv Had the G27.. I liked it. Then I was looking at the XD40 and also the Sig P239.. I am liking the sig. and i found a barely used one for $529 Comes with 2 7 round mags and box. Wat do you guys think about the sig?:confused:

2. motoman98

motoman98 Gresham, OR Active Member

I've had one since they first came out, mid 90's maybe. Mine is in .40 S&W. Bought another last year in 9mm. Accurate, totally reliable, and easy to carry. If you get it, try the Hogue grips; they work really well.

3. yotehunter

yotehunter north west Active Member

I have one and love it. It is my everyday carry gun.

4. glockguy

Do they have a manual Safety on them??

5. motoman98

motoman98 Gresham, OR Active Member

Sigs as a rule, do not.

6. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Any gun with the name Sig in front of it is a good gun...usually a great one. :)

7. bersaguy

bersaguy Oregon Member

The P239 has a decocker but no manual safety.

8. chase

chase Wilsonville, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I pushed my brother to upgrade to the Sig 239 in .40 SW, and he really likes it. We made a deal if he gets a new gun, I get his old Glock 23, second gen for a good price. Personally we both won.

The Sig 239 is a very nice gun, the trigger in single action is smooth and crisp, and the overall quality and feel is great too. I really like the decocking mechanism for when doing drills. THe 239, is very easy to field strip and clean which is always a plus in my opinion.

But personally I liked the Glock 23, because it was cheaper for me and had more rounds 13 vs 7, plus its thinner. It just depends what you need/want in a firearm. The sig is definitely more of an elite class in my opinion.

$529 is a really good price, does it have the night sights? I would say go for it, its a nice upgrade from the glock, if you don't mind loosing the 6 rounds...

9. johnharris11

johnharris11 Central Point Member

I have one in 40 cal and I love it. I upgraded from the Glock 23 and don't regret it at all. That is a great price. If you want a great quality handgun then get it, you won't be disappointed.:thumbup:

10. glockguy

Yes This one is a .40 I believe its just got the standard White sights. but the gun is in great condition no scratches or anything. the barrels has a little wear but that's it. I put it on layaway so now i just gotta come up with the rest of the money:(

11. odiesplace97301

odiesplace97301 silverton area Member

I have the 9mm looking to get the 40, The 9 i a great gun and my summer time edc.