JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just picked up a P239, intending on using it as my standard CC weapon. Now that I've had it for a few days I've realized that a) it's not that thin of a gun, despite it's short grip and b) it's relatively heavy (but that I can live with).

I got a Galco Summer Comfort IWB holster for it, and the holster + the weapon amounts to a thickness that's hard to conceal. I'm wondering if anyone out there has another recommendation for a thinner, more concealable holster option. If I can't find one, I'm thinking that maybe this isn't the best CC weapon for me.

Going to a smaller grip (which fits my hand, just barely) and lesser capacity is a tradeoff I was willing to take for concealibility in a gun that I shoot well. But, if I can't conceal it any better than my 4" 1911, I'm wondering if I made the right buy.

Please let me know if you guys have any holster ideas. This Galco one is just too thick.

My cousin has a Minotaur MTAC for his 239, and it is an absolutely awesome carry setup! I don't know if the MTAC is any "thinner" than your Galco, but holster comfort is often more about how the weight is distributed than how thick it is.

I have borrowed his 239 and MTAC, worn it around for a few hours... it seriously has me rethinking my Kimber Ultra in a Milt Sparks!

Gotta agree with YZF. MTAC is almost identical to the Crossbreed Supertuck. I've got the Minituck for my smaller CC which is just a smaller version of the Super. These all put minimal material around the width of the gun by moving the clips outboard. Also super comfortable.
I also like my FIST kydex I think it is the K1 model. Minimizes the width of my P-06 which is kinda fat like your SIG mostly by moving the hardware outboard of the gun ala the MTAC. Not as comfortable though.
One minor downside I have noticed to both of these designs is that they take up a lot of room in a bag or other such luggage.

I have this one for OWB carry
<broken link removed>

and this one for IWB carry
<broken link removed>

both serve me very well and were pretty cheap. and conceal good.

I used a Desantis scabbard 3 slot (OWB) for mine with good results, as long as I was wearing a shirt that was long enough to keep it covered. Depending on what I was doing I could wear it at 2 O'clock (better for concealment) while walking or standing, then I could slide it back to 4 O'clock while sitting or driving. Ever since trying a Crossbreed Supertuck with a FULL SIZED XD40:s0001: I will never use any other style of IWB. The way these distribute the load there is no comparison to the smaller IWB's, that always seem to "poke" and pinch.

Thanks for all the holster suggestions fellas. I was all excited about my P239 and then I started having problems today. The trigger bar spring began popping off. I've done a search and found that some others have had the same problem with CTC grips.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/6120017702

I'm not going to order a nice holster for this P239 until I can get to the bottom of the trigger bar spring issue. And on top of this, I seem to be shooting the gun down and to the left, using the iron sights. I suspect that it's not that the gun is sighted in wrong, but that the grip/trigger configuration is just perhaps too small for my hand. It's strange b/c I shot the rental P239 (non SAS) really, really well. Maybe it's the SRT on my model or something.

Anyway, I was super excited to get this gun and now I have nothing but problems it seems! Aagh!

I have a Sig armorer's disassembly DVD you could borrow if this helps. It completely walks you through complete disassembly/reassembly and function, really helpful for my 228.

Good luck with your 239. If you sell... I'll buy it cheap!:D

I'm waiting for the Crimson Trace armorer to give me a call back. If I can't get this thing to the point that I'd hoped for I just might be unloading it!

I have a Sig armorer's disassembly DVD you could borrow if this helps. It completely walks you through complete disassembly/reassembly and function, really helpful for my 228.

Good luck with your 239. If you sell... I'll buy it cheap!:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads