JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have started my homework on my next purchase and I'm pretty lined in on the P226 but there are WAY to many options. Can any one tell me what the difference in a P226, P226 Elite and a P226 scorpion besides some triggers and paint?? I want something a little more high end like the scorpion but not sure what you get for the money. Sigs website gives a lame description of the scorpion.

Another big difference between them (to me) is the grip, the elite dark has metal grips which makes the grip quite slimmer (and better feeling in the hand to me) than the polymer grips. If you're not stuck on a particular caliber, you may also want to consider the P220, amazing feel in the hand, but single stack magazine.
Oh, just remembered, another difference is the sights, night sights or not, and whether the rear ones are adjustable for windage/elevation.
It seems at least from their website that the top of the line is the elite dark.
Another thing is the beaver tail on the guns, non-elite models don't have them.

P226 stainless elite is a bit heavier which i like, i switched out the bulkywood grips for the one piece e2 grips fits my hand the best.

P226 is a great gun, the p229 is also a good gun too same as the 226 but a bit shorter barrel.

The ultimate P226 are the X5/X6. Adjustable SAO trigger, frame safety, adjustable sights, nill grips.

timsguns011-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been lucky to pick up a couple sigs in the past few weeks.226 .40 enhanced elite,220 elite dark tb,both of them are beautiful weapons.I havent taken them to the range yet but I am sure I wont be diaspointed.I think any sig you get you will be happy with.

I appreciate all the feed back. Going to the range soon with a friends 226 elite to see how it feels. I did shoot the USP tactical on Sunday and I gotta say pretty dang nice but the safety is kinda backwards.