JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you are saying that stores sell out 10mm guns before other caliber guns,it would be because they don't order near as many or can they get near as many 10mm handguns.
It's not very popular so not many manufacturers make them in big supplies,except Glock
And why would they when they won't sell as many as other calibers?
what I'm saying is that an affordable 10mm will sell out quickly vs an equivalent mainstream caliber (9, 40, 45). Perhaps Im wrong, maybe a gun store owner can chime in but I bet an affordable 10mm doesn't last 2 weeks notwithstanding availability. Just look at how many people in this thread are lining up to buy an expensive niche one yet they can get the same sig in 45 for half.

what I'm saying is that an affordable 10mm will sell out quickly vs an equivalent mainstream caliber (9, 40, 45). Perhaps Im wrong, maybe a gun store owner can chime in but I bet an affordable 10mm doesn't last 2 weeks notwithstanding availability. Just look at how many people in this thread are lining up to buy an expensive niche one yet they can get the same sig in 45 for half.
This would be because a 10mm guy wants another 10 in the safe or to try it out,so a inexpensive 10 will disappear fast
Yeah and I would bet we are all the 10mm guys on here too,lol

This would be because a 10mm guy wants another 10 in the safe or to try it out,so a inexpensive 10 will disappear fast
Yeah and I would bet we are all the 10mm guys on here too,lol
true, I get it... were 10mm fans which keep it alive. I was just trying to say the 10 needs to go mainstream. Its a much better caliber than the top 3 semis.

If it didn't need such a big frame more folks could handle the gun.It doesn't really kick any more than a 40 since it is on a bigger frame.
The balistics of full house 10mm are superior to the 357 and you have a larger capacity even with the 1911s.
And with the glock you have 14 rounds of near 41mag.
It would be great to get people away from 40 short and weak to the real caliber.Then we could have cheaper ammo!

Glock makes a small compact 10 that ive read can handle original loads. Not saying a compact 10 is best for everyone but id say if a person can handle a compact 40 they could handle the same in 10. There needs to be more options like this in 10... As far as I know Glocks the only company making a 10 in various sizes.

A less expensive (but not compact) 1911 10mm option would be the RIA Tactical. One model with a rail and one without. I think they run around $600 or less.

Need to get one of those as well, for the collection.

elsie

So I swung by MK Tactical and gave them a fistful of dollars to order me one. Now comes the long wait until it finally shows up.

I also took another look at the Armscor site and they have a number of 1911 10mm. The Tac MS looks like it is a mid size instead of full size. Not quite a compact, but might be concealable. But what caught my eye was the full size high-cap: <broken link removed>

Looks like I'll have to swing by the store and see how much that will set me back.

elsie

Glock makes a small compact 10 that ive read can handle original loads. Not saying a compact 10 is best for everyone but id say if a person can handle a compact 40 they could handle the same in 10. There needs to be more options like this in 10... As far as I know Glocks the only company making a 10 in various sizes.
I have a Gen 4 G-29, it holds 10 rounds of 10MM in the flush mag, but I have two G-20 mags that hold 15 rounds each. I use a Alien Gear Holster for it.

As for the new Sig, I can't justify the price for me, but I do like it, Stainless Elite sounds good.

I have a Gen 4 G-29, it holds 10 rounds of 10MM in the flush mag, but I have two G-20 mags that hold 15 rounds each. I use a Alien Gear Holster for it.

As for the new Sig, I can't justify the price for me, but I do like it, Stainless Elite sounds good.

I have a G20. It doesn't fit my hand. Pinches the middle finger just holding it.

elsie

I also took another look at the Armscor site and they have a number of 1911 10mm. The Tac MS looks like it is a mid size instead of full size. Not quite a compact, but might be concealable. But what caught my eye was the full size high-cap: <broken link removed>
drool. now that is what im talking about... affordable options. A doublestack 1911 10mm. Go RIA...
51579_1911-a2_rock-ultra-hc_fs_45acp_2-450x300.png

Well, as long as we are posting pictures, here is my baby:

It's the not affordable option, but it's semi-compact, holds 13 with a flush mag, and with the ports, the recoil is mild. makes a nice loud bang too..;)

DSC_0328_zps2pwmc7p9.jpg DSC_0326_zpsx8homzna.jpg

Beautiful!

Details!

Not too much to tell, I picked it up used for a pretty good price on Gunbroker.com. It's what Infinity calls compact, which is a commander length barrel, and a grip length kind of between an officers model and full size. My pinkie hits on the mag well. The MMC sights are nice because they are click adjustable for elevation, but with the side walls they don't snag on a draw. Schuemann ported bull barrel that Infinity reamed to size and fit into the slide. Like you would expect the trigger is excellent and comes in at about 4lbs. If you put in the range time on these guns they will perform nearly as well as a full size competition gun. This one won me lunch at the range against a Sig p229. As I said above, the porting makes for easy recovery, although it is probably the loudest gun at the range unless someone is shooting a 44.

Not too much to tell, I picked it up used for a pretty good price on Gunbroker.com. It's what Infinity calls compact, which is a commander length barrel, and a grip length kind of between an officers model and full size. My pinkie hits on the mag well. The MMC sights are nice because they are click adjustable for elevation, but with the side walls they don't snag on a draw. Schuemann ported bull barrel that Infinity reamed to size and fit into the slide. Like you would expect the trigger is excellent and comes in at about 4lbs. If you put in the range time on these guns they will perform nearly as well as a full size competition gun. This one won me lunch at the range against a Sig p229. As I said above, the porting makes for easy recovery, although it is probably the loudest gun at the range unless someone is shooting a 44.
Very, very cool - and exactly what I'm looking for. I may have one built if I can't find one.