JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The GT20's are on sale now for shipment in the beginning of April, and then are done. The other 4 of the regular product line are coming out the beginning of April, they aren't for sale yet. Street price? My guess is they will end up $1200-$1500. MSRP on the P220 Super Match, which seems the most similar to the announced offerings, is $1375 and you figure a street price of $1200-$1300. The GT20 seems to me to be the top end of the offerings as it is all stainless, adjustable rear and FO front sight, with beavertail, SAO, and 1911 style safety. That for $1399 seems reasonable.

Here's the pdf of the release they had. 3 models at $1422 and one at $1712 MSRP.

<broken link removed>

elsie
Nice pistols. I think its great that Sig is getting into the 10mm scene its a great cartridge but what the 10mm really needs is more production level guns in the normal price range similar to Glock by all the other mainstream manufacturers. I find it odd that the 10s sell out so fast its hard to find the exact 10mm you want (vs: 9, 40 etc.) yet only few manufacturers make production 10's. The 10 will always be a niche gun as long as mostly niche guns are made for it.

That is true. It's a little bit of chicken/egg problem too. The ammo is so expensive that people have to be very committed or have a lot of extra cash to buy a gun that shoots 10mm, and at that point, you probably want a high end gun to go with it. If this works for sig, I would imagine at some point this may filter down to the regular p220's that come in more around $700-$800. I would like to see an HK 10mm though...

The ammo is so expensive that people have to be very committed or have a lot of extra cash to buy a gun that shoots 10mm, and at that point, you probably want a high end gun to go with it.
Thats true too, the ammo is expensive. Is there something different in the case vs the case for the 40? Because... especially the ones ammo manufacturers that load it light, light loads are nothing more than a stretched 40 by few cents more case material they shouldn't cost more than a few cents more to buy. (speciality 10mm ammo such as the hunting loads or full pressure defensive JHP loads I can understand).

I agree. The additional material cost, at least if you load yourself is almost negligable. I'd say 3-5C at the most. However, factories probably aren't geared for it enough to meet demand.

I agree. The additional material cost, at least if you load yourself is almost negligable. I'd say 3-5C at the most. However, factories probably aren't geared for it enough to meet demand.
true, yet I find it odd that most gun stores sell their 10s faster than they do the others.

true, yet I find it odd that most gun stores sell their 10s faster than they do the others.
If you are saying that stores sell out 10mm guns before other caliber guns,it would be because they don't order near as many or can they get near as many 10mm handguns.
It's not very popular so not many manufacturers make them in big supplies,except Glock
And why would they when they won't sell as many as other calibers?

Great discussion; 10mm is my favorite pistol cartridge. I've had as many as 6 pistols in the safe that will shoot it. I'm down to 4 now, but looking to add the Sig and replace my a Delta a Elite that I just traded - trader's remorse.

I've always been able to source ammo - not cheap, but even during the post Sandy Hook hysteria, it was one of the few I could actually find in stores - along with 5.7 and .357 SIG. Zero .45 and 9mm to be had.

Well the reason I haven't bought any other 10 but a glock is because it's hard to buy a pistol for almost twice what a glock is when the glocks I have are very accurate.
As far as ammo,I could use another 2k rounds.

I have held off on 1911 style 10s because of reviews that said they couldn't handle the recoil very good.
Now with Sig making a pistol FOR 10mm,I/m guessing it will be all it needs to be.
May have to re-evaluate the price argument

Well the reason I haven't bought any other 10 but a glock is because it's hard to buy a pistol for almost twice what a glock is when the glocks I have are very accurate.
As far as ammo,I could use another 2k rounds.

I have held off on 1911 style 10s because of reviews that said they couldn't handle the recoil very good.
Now with Sig making a pistol FOR 10mm,I/m guessing it will be all it needs to be.
May have to re-evaluate the price argument

My 1911 10mms have been incredibly reliable. As is my Glock 20c. If I was betting my life on one, I would probably grab the Glock. Not as pretty as the others, but aesthetics don't matter at that point.

I'm a big Sig fan - my favorite pistol is a P220 that I have had for 15 years. But I think the 10mm version is going to be every bit as good.

I also have a SW 1006 - haven't fired it yet. Too minty :)