JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had a Sig 556 & 551, and both were nose heavy, but other than that pretty good rifles. I sold them, and will stick with my AR.

I was able to check out the SWAT model, with the folding stock, pic rails, in the select fire version.

They are very good rifles, flat recoiling, able to keep all the round on target out to 15+ yards in auto mode.

Loose, cheap furniture that wobbles. Internal mechanism is great, but the 556 is so much like the AR conmpared to what the 551 was in terms of the controls and ergonomics, why even bother? Besides, they don't even chamber the weapon in 6.8, so I don't see the point, personally. The time that I think about a 556 is when they chamber it in more rounds. The 551, on the other hand, I would take in a heartbeat.

I have the SWAT Patrol model and love it. The regular models with the longer gas-piston I felt were too nose heavy also. The Patrol is 0.8 lbs. lighter and all that weight was at the muzzle. JC Weaponry is the dealer to get yours from, he gave me a great deal on mine. I didn't get an AR because I didn't want the same rifle as everyone else on the block.

I have the SWAT Patrol model and love it. The regular models with the longer gas-piston I felt were too nose heavy also. The Patrol is 0.8 lbs. lighter and all that weight was at the muzzle. JC Weaponry is the dealer to get yours from, he gave me a great deal on mine. I didn't get an AR because I didn't want the same rifle as everyone else on the block.

Thanks for the referral. :)

The Patrol Models are balanced better than the Classics. (not as nose heavy)

The DMR's are HEAVY... and I mean HEAVY.

The First Gen 556's had issues, but those were obsoleted quickly and replaced with second Gen, and now third Gen Rifles. (Classics)

The latest Classics now have side sling attachment points. (and easy way to tell latest Gen)

They are reliable weapons, and will never suffer from the limitations found in the AR15 Piston Systems. (no carrier tilt, no bolt bounce)
The Piston in the 556 series is connected to the bolt as one piece that moves together, but can be separated for cleaning.

Overall, SIG did a very good thing by bringing them back into production.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top