JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello All-

I just got a W German Sig 226 9mm, it has a good amount of holster wear on the slide.

I was thinking of having the slide refinished in black.

I think it will make the gun look better, but will refinishing hurt the value of the pistol?

Thanks.

If you have the slide redone in the original finish, (blackened stainless) not much. I stay away from buying guns with the new "painted" finishes. I guess it's the difference between refinishing and restoring for me.

It's not your granddad's 1918 Colt
As long as you don't wire wheel the slide, hose some duracoat on it and run a hairdryer over it it won't hurt the value IMO.
There are a lot of durable finishes that are far better than factory.
I have older Sigs that were duty guns and both are getting dropped off to get redone when I get around to it.
The P220 just needs the slide done, a large portion of the finish is gone. You can just make out the pitting on the right side from the webbing of the holster. Media blasting should make it go away. That will get matte black.
The P225 is getting both done. frame and slide. Whatever it was holsterd in was pretty aggresive, wore through the anodizing on the front strap down to aluminum.
All stainless color, black controls and some nice wood grips should look pretty slick.
A lot of thumbs up for twisted firearms so that's where mine is headed.
Twisted Firearms LLC

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads