JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's mine. One needs work one needs a hope and well something! The pair are 7mm and came from a relatives estate. Unfinished/incomplete was fished out of several different boxes of "junk" parts. Been able to get it this far.
The saddle ring one a friend of the family gave to my boys for helping him with yard work. He remembers buying it in the 50s. I believe it is 43 spanish or Reformado but not for sure. We have one round for it here somewhere! View attachment 1106300 View attachment 1106302View attachment 1106308View attachment 1106301
That saddle ring carbine is what I have been wanting for a long time. Yours is very, very nice. Congratulations! :)

Last Edited:
This one came from here a while back, I just got it. It needs sights and a finish of the barrel.

.38 spl

Started life as a Hopkins & Allen 12 ga.

BF79F08B-8613-4032-97E9-46AFCB7928DA.jpeg

I'm a big fan of Rolling Blocks, but just the civilian sporting rifle versions.
This is my latest acquisition, a heavy full octagon BW Darr barreled Roller in .40-50 Sharps Straight. Just changed to an original forearm as it came with a ugly big forearm.

XqqXbful.jpg

Another in my collection is a full sized Rolling Block, but chambered for .22LR on a 30" half octagon barrel.

8DPnr53l.jpg

My #1 Sporting Rifle in .40-65 Win. with 34" full round heavy barrel.

YwMDhQxl.jpg
xpkA0fGl.jpg

Creedmoor Long-Range rifle with full round 34" barrel, in .44-77SBN. This is a prototype built in 1873, a year before they were cataloged by Remington.

8m2nrcql.jpg

CzPo3Dhl.jpg

Another full sized #1 Sporting Rifle in .22LR with 28" full octagon barrel. This was originally owned by EC Hackett, mayor of Oregon City during WWI, and first sheriff of Oregon City after Oregon became a state.

4ztUp4Pl.jpg

Husqvarna Type 33A Rolling Block in 9.5x47R, which is close to our .38-55 cartridge.

wXIIBsel.jpg

Rolling Block Sporting rifle in .40-50SS, with 34" full octagon barrel. Deluxe model on a Long-Range style.

xONwkUnl.jpg

#4 Rolling Block takedown in .22LR with Red Duck takedown case. Engraved by R. Evans of Oregon City.

GbSblsjl.jpg

Ltr9hjcl.jpg

Have some more, but that's enough for now.

Envious of your .22s

Another full sized #1 Sporting Rifle in .22LR with 28" full octagon barrel. This was originally owned by EC Hackett, mayor of Oregon City during WWI, and first sheriff of Oregon City after Oregon became a state.

View attachment 1263706
^^^That makes it extra cool.

#4 Rolling Block takedown in .22LR with Red Duck takedown case. Engraved by R. Evans of Oregon City.

View attachment 1263709

View attachment 1263710

Have some more, but that's enough for now.
I really like this one.

Envious of your .22s

^^^That makes it extra cool.

I really like this one.
I bought the EC Hackett rifle to strip down to get the Sporting action for a project gun. The wood was messed up, and the barrel and receiver had extra holes, and the front sight dovetail was broken. I began removing the wood, and put it in my barrel vise to remove the barrel when I noticed the name stamped under the forearm wood on the bottom flat of the barrel. I did some research into the name, and discovered EC Hackett's Oregon history. Not only was he well known, but his father lead the posse that went to NE Oregon to bring in the Indians who killed Dr. Whitman and his family at their mission.
I ended up fixing all the issues with stocks, barrel, and receiver, but avoided restoring the gun since it had local history.

I bought the little #4 from renowned engraver Robert Evans. It was one of his earliest works, and his personal rifle.

Full sized Rolling Blocks in .22 rimfire are tough to find. I've been extremely lucky to own these two full sized #1 Rollers in .22RF.

Here's a recently found Rolling Block I purchased! It's a Carlos Gove under lever improvement. Gove's Denver Armory built these in the mid 1870's after customers complained about BP fouling making their Rolling Blocks tougher to chamber, or extract cartridges.
The under lever gives a lot of leverage to both seat a cartridge, or extract a cartridge when BP fouling builds up. The barrel on this Gove Rolling Block is a .32-40 with false muzzle for target shooting. You seat a case charged with powder, and then muzzle load the bullet down the barrel. This method was the result of Doc Hudson, (a renowned target shooter) and George Schalk, one of the finest barrel makers in the late 1800's. It proved to be far more accurate than simply chambering a loaded cartridge from the usual method.
This rifle also is equipped with a single set trigger that pushes forward to set, and then trips at a few ounces once set.

GqofGXBl.jpg
UnDHpMKl.jpg
qvZr1MGl.jpg
XDORYBLl.jpg
MmiH7nml.jpg
JH61wEjl.jpg
jXhgvnSl.jpg

Seller never came through with the windage globe sight that was supposed to come with the under lever Gove roller. But fortunately I dug through my case full of old sights, and discovered a correct sight, and aperture case to fit the .452" odd dovetail size!

TbEvg0Nl.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top