Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

shot my first match

Discussion in 'Competitive Shooting' started by miletwo, Apr 4, 2011.

1. miletwo

miletwo Gresham, Oregon Member

I shot the USPSA training match at Douglas Ridge this past Saturday and boy was it FUN!!! I came in last in production by just a few points, but seeing as how I was shooting a sub-compact where everyone else was shooting full-size, I'm not bummed. My goal was to get action time with my every day carry and I did that. Every shot was center mass with no misses.

Now, next time a bit faster perhaps.

2. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

cool, I was going to shoot a match saturday, but it was cancelled.

3. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

the hard part is speeding up and accpeting the misses as part of the learning curve.Spedd will come on its' own,being safe is primary of course.Glad u had a good time.

4. NoOne

NoOne Puget Sound Active Member

Welcome to the competitive shooting community. Watch out that the bug doesn't bite you too hard.....

5. miletwo

miletwo Gresham, Oregon Member

HA! I'm specifically going to avoid any deviation from my chosen platform until I can get to 1st place in production class with my sub-compact. At that point... I'll become either a cop, celebrity bodyguard, or international assassin... whatever pays best... that is assuming my wife says it's okay ;-)