JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With Varget being so hard to get, has anyone tried Shooter's World Precision Rifle? They bill it as similar to Varget but with slightly better accuracy. I've seen it pop up as available a few times lately so interested in anyone's experiences with it.

One friend used precision powder from them. Close to Varget. Far left on the chart is shooters world burn rate compared to others.

D156CB6A-B9AA-4D72-8F69-DB1F55FCEAAA.png

Nobody ever asked, but it's worth a look see. Very similar to Varget and R-15. I'd try it if I was in need. Honest evaluations are what is needed. I would definitely try their Match rifle in my .204 Ruger and .223/556 Varmint loads.

I just looked at the Midway website. SW Precision has gotten seriously expensive. Closing in on $50 a pound. Significanlty more expensive than ball powders from the same manufacturer. Out of stock of course. Grafs shows it as a little less expensive but also out of stock.

Midway has IMR 4895 for $40 a pound, no Hodgdon BL-C(2). Powder Valley, no IMR 4895 or BL-C(2). I only mention these because they are powders I used to look for. I have a little over one pound of Varget left, it will be used very sparingly. I've read that none of the Hodgdon powders sourced from ADI in Australia are coming in and aren't expected in the near future.

I grabbed an 8 lb keg of SW Precision Rifle a few months back. It does seem to be very similar to Varget, but actually meters a little better through my RCBS Uniflow measure. I have only used it with RMR 69 gr BTHP, 24.0 gr seemed to be the sweet spot at 2750 FPS and grouped around .8 of an inch. I am loading up 50 rounds each with CCI-450, CCI No. 41, RP 7 1/2 and S&B small rifle primers. Will test them when it warms up a bit.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top