JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He should have flown it with himself, or ship it to himself before he left.

All interstate shipments of firearms must be addressed to a licensed firearms dealer. The exceptions are:
1. when you ship to yourself at an address in another state and
2. the return of a firearm you sent to a manufacturer to be repaired.

The only way I would consider is to have your friend coordinate a pickup to your home.

Since he bought it in an adjoining state and its a long gun. If he bought it from an FFL here he could have just taken it with him home. If he bought it from a non dealer in a FTF sale then he should have either done the sale at an FFLs filling out the 4473 and going through the BGC here in Oregon. Or he now needs to have the firearm shipped USPS UPS or FEDEX all will ship a long gun to a FFL in his state where he would fill out a 4473 do the BGC and take possession of the rifle.

Make sure it goes through FFL.
If this is someone that you do not know then it could be a setup of some sort.
Either a law enforcement sting operation, some wacko reporter doing a hit piece on guns or Bloomberg butt servant doing yet another illegal investigation.

Be careful and follow the law.

I understand this will p!ss some off,but I would package it up and send it to myself c/o his address.
perfectly legal to mail a gun to yourself.

*** A long gun ****

he could send a call tag to himself at your address so technically he is sending himself the firearm still, or do like my title company did and have him purchase the shipping on line and email you the shipping label - listing himself as both shipper and recipient. Either way - if he pays for the shipping and lists himself as both shipper and recipient all you have to do is put the label on the package he left there.

On a side note - did anyone see the new scanning equipment made in Canada being tested at undisclosed airports and shipping facilities? has tons of programming and the automated system can not only identify complete firearms but individual (larger) components of a firearm in any orientation, also it can detect if a sealed liquid/gel is an explosive/component or not. Think they said it does something like 30 million computations per scan and accomplishes this in just a few seconds.

A Nevada resident flew to Oregon and purchased a U.S. Survival AR-7 rifle.
He left it here and flew back to Nevada.
How can I send it to him?

Have him make arrangement with a local ffl to receive the firearm and do a legal transfer and then ship it to that ffl dealer. The law is pretty clear about that. Playing games can get YOU in trouble.

I understand this will p!ss some off,but I would package it up and send it to myself c/o his address.
perfectly legal to mail a gun to yourself.

*** A long gun ****

Only legal for you to open the package and if you claimed the firearm it would still need an ffl transfer.
I assume the op was asking how to legally deliver it to him.
If he did an ffl transfer in Oregon he could just come back and pick it up himself.

Only legal for you to open the package and if you claimed the firearm it would still need an ffl transfer.
I assume the op was asking how to legally deliver it to him.
If he did an ffl transfer in Oregon he could just come back and pick it up himself.

The gun is NOT registered to ANYONE,so the posseser is the legal owner at this time. He can mail it to himself at his friend's address.

This is not ,in any way, illegal. Apparently the laws are not so clear to you

Actually the laws on transferring and shipping firearms across state lines and residents of different states are not that complicated. You "mjbs" believe what you want.
It's not that hard to do this legally unless the buyer tried to do an out of state purchase without going thru an ffl and is a prohibited person.
I wouldn't risk my arrest over trying to skirt the federal laws.
Seems lately there is a lot of advice in these posts on how to test the limits of firearm laws, a test you would not want to fail.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top