Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

SHIELD and body ARMOR, 50$ obo

Discussion in 'Part & Accessory Classifieds' started by peterpaulpow, Mar 7, 2011.

1. peterpaulpow

peterpaulpow oregon New Member

I dont know much about them other than they look like hammered steel or iron,, make cash or trade offer

11.JPG

12.jpg

2. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

The breastplate is a + - Spartan design.. of course the originals were in bronze. Someone could spray it with bronze paint or a coating to make it authentic looking. The shield is a fantasy shield of some kind.. just thought you might want to know, from a long time student of ancient warfare, arms, etc

3. peterpaulpow

Out of four people I've gotten four different theories on em, lol, one guy even said are you sure they are not silver. Ha ha. But anyway thanks for the info bud

4. Blitzkrieg

Maybe these will help.. first is an original Greek statue of Leonidas, the King of Sparta who led the 300 at Thermopylae

Leonidas.gif

Modern repro, Ebay auction:

Hope that helps!

5. peterpaulpow

Thanks, what do you think the value of these are? they look older or at least cruder than the ones I see on ebay

6. Blitzkrieg

It's like the old saying.. beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In other words since they are hand made with nothing to compare to, I really don't know, but they sure are unique pieces. My collector's interest is Scottish and Viking but lots of folks are into Spartan items, and after all we patriots use the perfect phrase of defiance Molon Labe!

7. peterpaulpow

Well said

8. peterpaulpow

BTT.

Would trade for some ammo or AR stuff, 223, 22lr 380. 556

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.