JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Racial profiling? Let's see....... they are part of an anti-illegal immigration task force, right? Who should they be looking for instead? I don't think they are worried about illegal Canadians in Arizona.

That New Yorker deputy was very upset, probably rightfully so for being accused of racial profiling. HOWEVER, police need to remember that they DO have a master, and that is We The People, in the form of what our supposed representatives in city/state government say they can and can't do.

I don't even know how one could be accused of racial profiling in AZ, considering so many people there are illegal immigrants, but at the same time so many legitimate residents have the same ethnicity (Hispanic). The human smuggling problem is tough to solve, but you can't just detain/arrest citizens and say "oh may bad" after they "show their papers".

this is just my $.02.

no matter the truth of his words, the statement by the deputy was inappropriate and unprofetional. as a deputy, all he needed to do was smile, nod and give a bland statement about following the directives of his speriors, proud to be a public servent, etc...etc...etc.... give the media nothing to report, disarm the whole situation. instead of giving them a hot little sound bite of a sworn officer vehemently telling an elected official to "shut up". let the brass sort it out.

thats just my opinion, for what it's worth.

this is just my $.02.

no matter the truth of his words, the statement by the deputy was inappropriate and unprofetional. as a deputy, all he needed to do was smile, nod and give a bland statement about following the directives of his speriors, proud to be a public servent, etc...etc...etc.... give the media nothing to report, disarm the whole situation. instead of giving them a hot little sound bite of a sworn officer vehemently telling an elected official to "shut up". let the brass sort it out.

thats just my opinion, for what it's worth.

As much as I loved what this Officer said and the fact that he stood up for not only himself and his fellow Officers,
I agree.

This will just make the nay sayers put more pressure on them and attack this guy for every T he doesn't cross and I not dotted.
In this field you have to take punches to the face with no more than a smile. Sad, but that's the world we live in.

yep Jakk I agree he shouldnt have drawn the line in the sand so to speak. he just should have let the media know that there seems to be some misunderstanding about the task forces principal duties and how they may be simpy msiconstrued or taking the old "we are reviewing our current policies and look to the future for new policy changes that will help every officer deal with all incidences better with more training, smile smile and smile some more.

That New Yorker deputy was very upset, probably rightfully so for being accused of racial profiling. HOWEVER, police need to remember that they DO have a master, and that is We The People, in the form of what our supposed representatives in city/state government say they can and can't do.

I don't even know how one could be accused of racial profiling in AZ, considering so many people there are illegal immigrants, but at the same time so many legitimate residents have the same ethnicity (Hispanic). The human smuggling problem is tough to solve, but you can't just detain/arrest citizens and say "oh may bad" after they "show their papers".

+1.

He just needed to state the facts and clear the air that they were just doing what they are being told. He just sounded vulgar and insubordinant by telling the politician to shut up.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top