Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Sheriff's deputies not happy

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BUZO71, Apr 15, 2009.

1. BUZO71

BUZO71 Emerald Valley, Oregon New Member

2. Nightshade

Nightshade vancouver,WA Well-Known Member

wow very strong statements from the LT
    whats your take on this

3. BUZO71

Must be a good place to work...

4. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member

Racial profiling? Let's see....... they are part of an anti-illegal immigration task force, right? Who should they be looking for instead? I don't think they are worried about illegal Canadians in Arizona.

5. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

S and P, my thinking exactly.

It's about time the deputies fight back. I'm tired of seeing Police and Deputies get the shaft from some know nothing politician. And even worse the public.

6. wakejoe

wakejoe Beaverton, OR Well-Known Member

I'm at a loss for words.

Ignorance. It's always old fat ladies, too.

7. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

And old fat men...you can always tell by looking at them, left leg is shorter than right leg \\ \\

8. ZombieAssassin

ZombieAssassin Oregon Member

That New Yorker deputy was very upset, probably rightfully so for being accused of racial profiling. HOWEVER, police need to remember that they DO have a master, and that is We The People, in the form of what our supposed representatives in city/state government say they can and can't do.

I don't even know how one could be accused of racial profiling in AZ, considering so many people there are illegal immigrants, but at the same time so many legitimate residents have the same ethnicity (Hispanic). The human smuggling problem is tough to solve, but you can't just detain/arrest citizens and say "oh may bad" after they "show their papers".

9. BUZO71

Why do you always sound like you are preaching from a pulpit when you talk?

10. jakk586

jakk586 Astoria, Or Active Member

this is just my $.02.

no matter the truth of his words, the statement by the deputy was inappropriate and unprofetional. as a deputy, all he needed to do was smile, nod and give a bland statement about following the directives of his speriors, proud to be a public servent, etc...etc...etc.... give the media nothing to report, disarm the whole situation. instead of giving them a hot little sound bite of a sworn officer vehemently telling an elected official to "shut up". let the brass sort it out.

thats just my opinion, for what it's worth.

11. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

As much as I loved what this Officer said and the fact that he stood up for not only himself and his fellow Officers,
    I agree.

This will just make the nay sayers put more pressure on them and attack this guy for every T he doesn't cross and I not dotted.
    In this field you have to take punches to the face with no more than a smile. Sad, but that's the world we live in.

12. Logical1

Logical1 southeast portland, OR Member

yep Jakk I agree he shouldnt have drawn the line in the sand so to speak. he just should have let the media know that there seems to be some misunderstanding about the task forces principal duties and how they may be simpy msiconstrued or taking the old "we are reviewing our current policies and look to the future for new policy changes that will help every officer deal with all incidences better with more training, smile smile and smile some more.

13. gallogiro

gallogiro Willamette Valley Active Member

+1.

He just needed to state the facts and clear the air that they were just doing what they are being told. He just sounded vulgar and insubordinant by telling the politician to shut up.