JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Worse then Plan 9 from Outerspace? I love campy movies but that was really bad.

Worse than Plan 9 IMHO! I am particularly fond of early Godzilla flicks! "Sclamber Dog Fight, Sclamber Dog Fight!!!" and the Super Sabres with talcum powder vapor trails take off to engage the big lizard! LOL!!! Priceless!

The Sci-Fi channel is just history repeating itself. If you ever want to see true classic Sci-Fi cheese try to find 'The Killer Shrews' staring the then unknown James Best (Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane in the The Dukes of Hazzard) The dogs made up to look like giant shrews are actually comical! I once read they had to put hot dogs inside James' jacket to make it appear as though the dogs were 'eating' him in the final scene and he had to try to feed them to the dogs without it showing on camera.

Great flick! How about the Tingler? I was seriously PO'd that the Sci Fi channel never showed any of the old '50s flicks. Used to go see 3 monster movies for $.75 every Saturday night at the Avalon theater in PDX, then walk home in the middle of the street, eyeing the shadows on both sides! LOL!!!

I have either forgotten about or missed 'The Tingler' BUT if anyone knows the name of the 50's movie where the guy develops the floating fleshy creature that floats out of his briefcase and envelopes peoples heads I would appreciate it. No one anywhere seems to remember this one.

Worse than Plan 9 IMHO! I am particularly fond of early Godzilla flicks! "Sclamber Dog Fight, Sclamber Dog Fight!!!" and the Super Sabres with talcum powder vapor trails take off to engage the big lizard! LOL!!! Priceless!

I love the Godzilla movies. I am one of the only people I know thats seen a TOHO godzilla flick in the theater. Once in a while, they play the original on TCM and I have seen some of the newer ones ( 90's ) on one of the cable stations once in a while.

There were some really good sci-fi movies made in the late 50's and early 60's - then they seemed to loose momentum for a while. A superior classic is from the 60's is 'Attack of the Mushroom People' - and is a Japanese production but has been hailed as a classic in the sci-fi world. The human interaction and environment in which the movie was filmed are still esteemed today. The 70's saw a couple of good ones - but not many. 'Race with the devil' with Peter Fonda and Loretta Swit was not bad. Another with Doug McClure was good but I cannot remember the name. It had something to do with him being picked up in the ocean as a castaway - and his presence on the boat brings weird going - ons. AN early 80's (81 I think) movie was 'The Howling' with Dee Wallace. Probably one of the best human to wolf transformations effects (pre CGI) ever.

Anyone remember these gems ? " Squirm " and " Tentacles " from the mid 70's ? I remember when some drive in prankster did a little rearranging on the billboard lettering....for a couple days our drive in was playing " Sperm " and " Testicles ". That ain't no bubblegum. Really happened. The movies Willard and Ben were my faves. How can you top Ermey and Crispin Glover playing opposites ?

I have either forgotten about or missed 'The Tingler' BUT if anyone knows the name of the 50's movie where the guy develops the floating fleshy creature that floats out of his briefcase and envelopes peoples heads I would appreciate it. No one anywhere seems to remember this one.

"Not Of This Earth" Roger Corwin 1957. This sound like it? One of my favorites!

PS: Just watched it on Utube!

Last Edited:
"Not Of This Earth" Roger Corwin 1957.
Sounds right - and if it is the movie I described then it must be it. Another mystery is a movie I saw as a kid, maybe only once but for some reason it has an created an indelible image in my mind. It had to do with these people lost on the desert and they were being attacked by living sagebrush plants, then the sagebrush turned into living rocks, and then finally frogs. Yes I know it reeks of serious 'campy' but it scared the crap out of me at the time.

My cat won't even wear a collar. Hard to believe almost 3 MILLION VIEWS for this LOL. I guess in these times people want to laugh! I love the uncomfortable silence at 01:35

Last edited by a moderator: