JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello...I'm Shopping and want to pick some brains for opinions. So far from my own research I'm drawn to the Savage model 93 series. But would truly like to hear from some other folks.......

I use a CZ 455 American Lux. I haven't had a lot of trigger time on it but it shoots relatively well. The trigger is a bit rough and I understand there is a kit for it, but I haven't gotten one to try out yet. I prefer the trigger on the Savage .17 HMR (Accutrigger) but I like the fit of the CZ to my shoulder.

elsie

Ruger 77/22 VMBZ

22 Mag Ruger.jpg

I have the Savage model 93. Obsolute tack drive even when the barrel is heated up. And I have a basic Nikon Prostaff 3-9 on it. Anything out to 200 yards is a pretty easy shot with it. Shooting the Hornady 30 grain vmax bullet.

I have some expensive 22 mags but an old Mossburg bolt action 24" barrel from the 60's is probably the most accurate. I love my 9422mag tho.

I'm going from bad to worse. Now I'm considering two rifles; the Savage 93G and the Marlin XT-22MTSL. I seem to like the Marlin more but I've heard stories about a loss of quality control in the Marlin's since they got bought by Remington. When S&W bought Thompson / Center it was said to have been a smoother transition than what happened to Marlin after their buy out. But I'm not in any hurry and time will tell the story. Probably have to buy the Ruger American in 7mm-08 first anyway :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top