JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/14/asia...hawk-scrapping-history-intl-hnk-ml/index.html

When they wanted more capability in the Western Pacific, the S*-Kitty was replaced by GW.
That required Japan to change its laws (constitution) to allow a nuclear powered ship to call home port there.
The daughter was on Geo. Washington when that happened in '08.

https://www.history.navy.mil/research/histories/ship-histories/danfs/k/kitty-hawk-cva-63-ii.html

Very interesting article. It saddens me that the Destroyer my dad was on from '45-'47 was scrapped so soon after the war.

Sold for scrap for a penny. A PENNY! I would pay at least $1.50 to have my own aircraft carrier. Man, the possibilities
Man, if you can afford the asbestos abatement program for something like that, I pretty sure you're my long lost daddy that I've been searching for all my life.

You do remember that steamy night in Olongapo, back in the day, right? She still loves you, no bubblegum!

Last Edited:
Man, if you can afford the asbestos abatement program for something like that, I pretty sure you're my long lost daddy that I've been searching for all my life.

You do remember that steamy night in Olangapo, back in the day, right? She still loves you, no bubblegum!
Should have been written Olongapo....

Should have been written Olongapo....
I stand corrected

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

You do remember that steamy night in Olongapo, back in the day, right? She still loves you, no bubblegum!
Asbestos, Shabestos...those sailors got the job done and then some.

Yes, I do! She love me looooooooooong time; time and time again. The burning sensation was just our love when we were apart.

@Ferryman, mom and I thought it best to just let you live your life without all the complication. You're old enough to know the truth now, hope it helps.

Brother was a Marine who served on the Kittyhawk on his first tour of duty for Vietnam. Told some interesting stories what it was like. He died not long ago and his ship is dead now too.

His second tour he got the bronze star for rescuing one of his men under fire. Last trip to the doctor they told him he needed a lung transplant to live but it would cost him $500,000. 76 years old.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top