JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"They held me on the porch for about an hour. I was surrounded by agents. One by one, they yelled at me about what I was doing. In my mind I decided if they were going to beat me up over every little thing, I'm done. As soon as I said, 'If you want my FFL, you can have it,' one of the agents pulled out a piece of paper and said, 'Well then sign here.' He had made three copies in case I screwed one up. It was exactly what they wanted. I was shocked," Fincher added.

I certainly hope all goes well for the guy however it seems there is always something else to a situation like this that adds some uncertainty and questions.

I another article I read apparently the 7 vehicle raid was on visit # 3 after two previous visits, with #2 resulting in the following:

The inspectors returned two weeks later. They had some "concerns" involving Fincher's penmanship, which they couldn't read on a couple forms. They also found he had juxtaposed the model number of a firearm with the weapon's serial number, which Fincher was attempting to rectify.

While these could be simple mistakes, I would think a schoolteacher would be more more accurate with spelling & number entries, especially on a Gov form.

I also felt his 'throwing in the towel' with his FFL by him saying, 'If you want my FFL, you can have it,' was a bit premature and impulsive, and in a way sort of like a case of how the 'guilty' always seem to rush to their own defense before they are accused.

Like I said however this could have been an impulsive response to his disgust over the entire matter, driven by the intimidation of the 12 ATF agent 'raid' he experienced.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews