JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello everyone,

I have someone looking to sell a firearm. In order to purchase i would need my stamp. Before i purchase i want to make sure everything is legal. The seller has no papers on it. What would be the recommended way to do a safe and legal trace o. The firearms serial number top be sure everything is okay??

Thank you!

I hate thes kind of posts. Vague...no information that makes any sense.

I need my stamp?

The owner has no papers?

Red Flag, Red Flag....

I know, but I'm a sucker for these type of posts. Same as those interesting Google stories that you click on and then you can't get it to close and return to your browser, all the while your computer fan goes into high gear while who knows what is being downloaded to some hacker site.

RED FLAG! No paper work? Or no paper work he is willing to show you! Could be a hot item, and needing a stamp? I would run away as fast as I could from that deal, no matter what kind of deal it is! Something smells real funny here!

Has the parts kit receiver/barrel been de-milled (see picture) or is it intact?

pix817104451.jpg

You're good to go, no stamp needed. You can buy a semi auto closed bolt upper receiver if you plan on making it work again.
What's the asking price if you don't mind telling.

If there's no full auto original upper receiver with it's accompanying legal tax stamp serialized to it, then it will never be a legal to own full auto Thompson, no matter what state you reside in unless you are an FFL with the appropriate licenses.
And only then it would be a post ban dealers sample.

The guy who manufactured them is out of business because he couldn't see anymore.
So to answer your question, no they aren't and if you did run across one, it wouldn't be cheap and a gunsmith would be needed to retrofit some of the lower parts to make it work right.

That is an expensive paperweight set. Unless you are a relatively moderately OK machinist and an 02/07 FFL holder there is nothing you can do to make it right. I used to know a guy 20+ years ago that built one from a similar kit using 3 different receivers . He welded it together and machined it to spec. Ran like a swiss watch. That crazy bastard would shoot it off his porch. Front heavy as all gettup. No, it wasnt legal but it was fun. He had a sweet grease gun too. Those were the days before everyone and their kids had cell phones and going out into the woods got you some privacy. I wouldnt shoot one of those on a dare in Washington any more unless I had the right licensing.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads