Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Seattle - woman dragged from bus, beaten

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ATCclears, Nov 19, 2013.

1. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

Victim says no one helped as she was dragged from bus, beaten | KOMO Crime Blotter | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News

SEATTLE -- A woman says she was dragged off a King County Metro bus and beaten by two would-be robbers Thursday afternoon, and none of her fellow passengers "seemed too concerned about it."

According to the Seattle Police Department's report for the incident, the victim was riding southbound on Rainier Avenue South around 3:50 p.m. when the bus pulled up to a stop at Martin Luther King Jr. Way South.

As the bus doors opened, a man grabbed the iPhone out of the victim's hands while another man grabbed the backpack sitting in her lap, according to the report.

The victim later told officers she held onto her backpack's strap and was dragged out of her seat, down the bus' stairs and onto the sidewalk by one of the men.

While the victim was still on the ground, one or both of the men started kicking her, trying to get her to let go of her backpack, according to the report. But, the victim didn't let go, and the men eventually ran off.

The victim told officers there were several witnesses to the attempted robbery, including the bus driver. She said no one seemed too concerned about helping her, short of handing her back the phone she dropped. No one gave their names or phone numbers to her in order to be a witness.

According to the report, the victim suffered scratches and road rash to her back from being dragged and had bruising and soreness from being kicked.

Mongo1 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

Typical apathetic response from a city that has lost its moral compass.

3. tunus

tunus PDX, United States Active Member

MLK Jr and Rainier Ave South is one of the worst areas in the greater Seattle area. I've been on that bus once and I am not surprised at all nobody tried to help.

4. Sstrand

Sstrand La Grande OR Well-Known Member

Was this a white lady??

Sheldon

5. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Let me guess!! It is illegal to carry on public transportation!! What do I win? :)

6. Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt NE Oregon Well-Known Member

Can I carry on a bus?

You may carry loaded either openly or concealed in any bus or light rail vehicle if you possess a CPL. The law states that you must have a CPL to carry loaded in "any" vehicle.

7. Nick Burkhardt

Should have been a Defensive Gun Use

41Slinger and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Dunerunner

In Washington, or Oregon? How about in the City...Seattle?

9. 41Slinger

41Slinger Harrisburg Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The appropriate response as referenced in the above segment. The more of these pieces of crap that are wiped off the planet, the better things will get. OH excuse me, did I forget my place. Maybe they just need counciling, Ya Think ?

10. simon99

I think the politically correct term now days is they need a time out. ha,ha

11. Nick Burkhardt

Washington. The state preemption keeps lower levels of government, such as the City of Seattle, form overriding state law.

I finally got my Oregon CHL so I don't have to worry about the vehicle rules for pistols anymore.

Dunerunner and (deleted member) like this.
  12. 41Slinger

41Slinger Harrisburg Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I tend to shy away from politically correct simon99. Would dirt nap be ok ? Just asking hehehe:laugh:

Taku and (deleted member) like this.
  13. simon99

I would say terminated with extreme prejudice fits the bill.

Yeah, the PC crowd has no place in my space.

14. Dunerunner

I don't mind being wrong on this!! Thanks for the info!!