JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I lived in the Seattle area for 30 years. It is no secret that the Seattle/King County governments are 100% against the 2nd amendment. The 5 counties surrounding Puget Sound are heavily influenced by the rich tech-workers that have moved up from California to work for the many rich and powerful high-tech companies in the Puget Sound area. (Microsoft, Amazon, Boeing...) These imports have a strong desire to recreate California in Washington. With their piles of money, they have strong influence in Western Washington. And the population of those 5 counties is large enough to impose their will on the rest of Washington. It's not a coincidence that most of the governors for the last several decades have been former Seattle Mayors or former King County Executives. When has there last been a governor from Eastern Washington? It's also no coincidence that both Washington US senators are from Western Washington. Patty Murray from Bothel, Maria Cantrell from Seattle. Though Cantwell was born in Indiana, she moved to Seatte to work for Allan Cranston (of California). Are you beginning to see the California-Washington connection?
I finally discovered what's wrong with Californians:

You have your fear.

I have my sources/info that tell me that voting fraud has and will probably continue if things are left as they are. Improvements can be made. And, for the record I don't think/believe that mail in votes will "HELP" to combat the fraud. THAT is IMHO....NOT an improvement.

"COULD have been fraud??"

Dead Voters Voting In Chicago- Failure To Clean Up Voter Rolls Allowing Mistakes & Fraud. A CBS2 investigation in Chicago has shown that some dead citizens have had votes cast in their name after the date they died. In some cases, dead citizens have been on record as voting for decades.

Oh but.....Fake News Media. Rrrrright........

Dead Voters Voting In Chicago- Failure To Clean Up Voter Rolls Allowing Mistakes & Fraud

Whatever.

Aloha, Mark

I was born in Chicago and lived there until I was 18. That stuff has been going on there forever.

Referring to the OP:

"Never let a good crisis go to waste."

I hope somebody has already filed the challenge.
Seattle has been through this, already, with the previous mayor. Seattle tried to re-define firearms laws separately from current state law. They were taken to court because Washington has a state preemption law that says only the state has the prerogative to regulate firearms. The state Supreme Court told Seattle that they could not make their own gun laws.

unfortunately their response was to double down on state initiatives. Trying to regulate firearms out of existence state wide. Unfortunately Spokane County is one of the places that passed initiative 1639. I-1639 redefines all semi automatic rifles as assault weapons. So now the Ruger 10/22 is an assault rifle under Washington law. Even though it is a popular kids rifle, for planking.

I lived in the Seattle area for 30 years. It is no secret that the Seattle/King County governments are 100% against the 2nd amendment. The 5 counties surrounding Puget Sound are heavily influenced by the rich tech-workers that have moved up from California to work for the many rich and powerful high-tech companies in the Puget Sound area. (Microsoft, Amazon, Boeing...) These imports have a strong desire to recreate California in Washington. With their piles of money, they have strong influence in Western Washington. And the population of those 5 counties is large enough to impose their will on the rest of Washington. It's not a coincidence that most of the governors for the last several decades have been former Seattle Mayors or former King County Executives. When has there last been a governor from Eastern Washington? It's also no coincidence that both Washington US senators are from Western Washington. Patty Murray from Bothel, Maria Cantrell from Seattle. Though Cantwell was born in Indiana, she moved to Seatte to work for Allan Cranston (of California). Are you beginning to see the California-Washington connection?
Waaaaaaaaaay past time for Liberty State...
Liberty State.JPG

You can read the order yourself. The relevant part of the "Civil Emergency Order" is Section 1.B. It prohibits the possession of "any weapon, including, but not limited to rocks ..." It doesn't explicitly list knives, firearms, swords and other conventional weapons which indisputably fall within the scope of "any weapon". It explicitly lists only improvised weapons such rocks, bottles, etc. Anyone who thinks the decision not to list firearms means firearms aren't prohibited is deluding her/himself.

The order also cites as its authority SMC 10.02.020 which permits her to issue: "An order prohibiting the carrying or possession of a firearm or any instrument which is capable of producing bodily harm and which is carried or possessed with intent to use the same to cause such harm, provided that any such order shall not apply to peace officers or military personnel engaged in the performance of their official duties".

So, the short answer to your questions is that if you live, work, or are passing through the large downtown zone covered by her order: Yes, the mayor is telling you you "can't conceal or open carry a handgun or have one in their truck or car too" or have one in your home or business, either.

Is it legal? No. Is it constitutional? No. Will police enforce it all the same? That's a roll of the dice, if they discover your are in possession of a firearm or other prohibited weapon. I'd say those dice are loaded and I wouldn't count on it to be in your favor.

I agree the curfew is ridiculous since Durkan and Chief Best have repeatedly said they won't enforce it (until they do). The ACLU has now come out it against but they and GOA, SAF, NRA, and WSRPA are all silent on her firearms ban.

I do not understand this.

Let us say that a person lived downtown and they have a gun in their home for self defense.

How can they be stripped of this right if someone breaks into their HOME and the CRIMINAL may want to murder you aka THE VICTIM, plus burn it all down?

The mayor is telling people that they can't conceal or open carry a handgun or have one in their truck or car too?

That curfew and the times stated for it makes NO sense too.

Confused Old Lady Cate

Last Edited:
When we have to go into Seattle for medical care this week it will be with a hi-cap mag in the car pistol.

Just be aware that you are violating the order if you are in the large downtown area specified. I think it's an illegal order but it's there all the same. If you are careful and nothing untoward happens to bring you to the attention of police then you will probably be fine but you should understand the risks.

Last Edited:
Who is going to challenge her in court? The feds aren't saying anything and Inslee and Ferguson are four square behind her. The ACLU hasn't objected and neither has the SAF, GOA, NRA, etc. as far as I know. It's all fine to strike a defiant pose as long as you're not the gun owner that accidentally got caught in a mob on I-5 or downtown and came to the attention of police.

EXACTLY the right response.
There are at least a couple of Constitutions and a bevy of state laws between her, a mayor, and this kind of authority.

Read the order--it bans "any weapon".

Sure go ahead and ban firearms...or anything else you care to mention.

Now when people still show up with guns ( or whatever else was "banned" )
What are you going to do then...?
Or when people show up with something else as a substitute for firearms...are you going to "ban" those as well...?

How 'bout instead of cracking down on folks who ain't causing a fuss....
You go after those who are....
Andy

Under the terms of the order if you are caught with a pistol in Seattle's 2A-suspended zone you are potentially subject, upon conviction, to a $500 fine and/or up to 180 days imprisonment. Would the City actually prosecute you? Who knows? They'd probably try to get you to cop a plea. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they prosecute. Would they lose on appeal? Probably, but it wouldn't be much fun getting to that point if you were arrested, jailed, and convicted.

With this crap going on the AR pistols are a GREAT thing to have. Since they are a pistol you can legally carry them loaded in your vehicle here just like any other pistol.

Under the terms of the order if you are caught with a pistol in Seattle's 2A-suspended zone you are potentially subject, upon conviction, to a $500 fine and/or up to 180 days imprisonment. Would the City actually prosecute you? Who knows? They'd probably try to get you to cop a plea. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they prosecute. Would they lose on appeal? Probably, but it wouldn't be much fun getting to that point if you were arrested, jailed, and convicted.
A stand needs to be taken. All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Yep, but it was a long time coming and the people who suffered under his decree went through a real ordeal. His police confiscated hundreds of firearms and even after a court ruled in their favor as NRA lawyer Stephen Halbrook noted, "few people could present proof of ownership after Katrina, which flooded 80 percent of the city" and, thus, couldn't get their guns back from police.

Ray Nagin's little red wagon got fixed after Katrina. That game now has federal law against it, in addition to the Constitution (as if the Constitution needed that, but it seems that it does)...

DRPPA 2006

Yep, but it was a long time coming and the people who suffered under his decree went through a real ordeal. His police confiscated hundreds of firearms and even after a court ruled in their favor as NRA lawyer Stephen Halbrook noted, "few people could present proof of ownership after Katrina, which flooded 80 percent of the city" and, thus, couldn't get their guns back from police.
While it took 10 years to convict and imprison Nagin, the DRPPA was passed just over a year after the hurricane. Not a long time coming when you think of legislation timelines in the US...

Good reason for gun registration. Oh wait nevermind, strike that comment from the record. Remind me to slam my head against a wall later.

The police should have records of the/their...... "TAKING/THEFT."

Rrrrright......a receipt was suppose to have been issued.

If not.....as I said "THEFT."

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top