JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello All
I've been part of SAR for over 10 years and the guy that "recruited me into it" summed it up best: "This is one of the hardest, most demanding, and rewarding jobs that you will never be thanked or paid for". While the "Not Thanked" part wasn't true, it truly is one of the most rewarding things I've ever done.
I'm reaching out on this site because most hunters usually have a solid base in navigation, survival, and wilderness skills; which makes the OSSA training easier. The "downsides" are the time commitment (especially the first year) is huge, you will go to work a few days with only a couple hours of sleep, and you are going to spend some money doing all this. The upsides are that you get to work with some fine people (whose sanity should be questioned); because they look forward to getting called out in the middle of the night to go help a stranger who is likely having one of the worst days of their lives. You will also get to see some of the most beautiful country usually as the first light is starting to come over the horizon

If you live in the Tri County region and are interested in joining a local SAR team shoot me a PM, and I can give you all of the details

I'm a member of Bonner County (ID) SO VSAR. I haven't been super active recently because of life, and training has been nixed because of Covid, but looking forward to getting back out there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top