JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Did it on lunch - Got it for $350 including the thumbprint. I told them I did my research and someone had changed out the Ambi safety for the single so after some darting eyes between them they said yes. No wear at all - does not look like it has ever been holstered with nice, crisp markings on the frame and slide. Did I do ok?

Did it on lunch - Got it for $350 including the thumbprint. I told them I did my research and someone had changed out the Ambi safety for the single so after some darting eyes between them they said yes. No wear at all - does not look like it has ever been holstered with nice, crisp markings on the frame and slide. Did I do ok?

You did very well. It's as good a pistol as there is.

Sorry for the poor pic quality but a washer top does not make a very good background. Anyway I believe I have solved the mystery. It appears there are two styles of the basic 85B - an ambi-safety and a decocker version. The decocker style only has the lever only on the 'left' side of the gun.
85002.jpg

Very, very interesting. I'm no CZ expert, but everything that I have read, has told me there is only two versions of the 85: the 85 and the 85 Combat. Both with ambi safety and ambi slide release and the 85 combat also has adj. sights and no mag brake I believe.

I guess the question would be now is why did CZ take a model 75 BD and mark it as a 85B
when based off the above info, it is clearly not an 85B. At any rate, I think you got a very good deal, even if your CZ can't decide what model it wants to be! :s0114:

Well I got out and shot it today. Shoots great with low recoil. I've shot light .22 autos that have as much. Unfortunately it was snowing, hailing and the wind was blowing so I couldn't do any 'serious' target work with it but it appears to be accurate initially with several shots clover leafing at about 20 yards. Now I just need to work up some good loads for it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top