Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Scored the CZ 85B

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by RVTECH, Mar 29, 2011.

1. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Did it on lunch - Got it for $350 including the thumbprint. I told them I did my research and someone had changed out the Ambi safety for the single so after some darting eyes between them they said yes. No wear at all - does not look like it has ever been holstered with nice, crisp markings on the frame and slide. Did I do ok?

2. forker

forker Seattle New Member

You did very well. It's as good a pistol as there is.

3. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Buy some spare Mec Gar mags and enjoy!

4. spookshack

spookshack Forest Grove, OR Life Member Lifetime Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Now that you have the gun, can you post a pic or two of the right side of the gun?

5. RVTECH

Sorry for the poor pic quality but a washer top does not make a very good background. Anyway I believe I have solved the mystery. It appears there are two styles of the basic 85B - an ambi-safety and a decocker version. The decocker style only has the lever only on the 'left' side of the gun.
    85002.jpg

6. spookshack

Interesting, so you're saying that you have a de-cocker only?
    Thanks for the pic.

7. RVTECH

Yes - I finally found a site that was really informative on the CZs.

8. spookshack

So it sounds like you have a CZ 75BD, not a CZ 85B, correct? :confused:

9. RVTECH

Well then I must have the only one because it says CZ 85B on the slide and the frame and slide #'s match. The manual from CZ for the 85B references the decocker version.
    85001.jpg

10. spookshack

Very, very interesting. I'm no CZ expert, but everything that I have read, has told me there is only two versions of the 85: the 85 and the 85 Combat. Both with ambi safety and ambi slide release and the 85 combat also has adj. sights and no mag brake I believe.

I guess the question would be now is why did CZ take a model 75 BD and mark it as a 85B
    when based off the above info, it is clearly not an 85B. At any rate, I think you got a very good deal, even if your CZ can't decide what model it wants to be! :laugh:

11. Bunny

Bunny Portland, OR Well-Known Member

It looks like a 75BD frame with an 85B slide on it. Or a misprinted slide. Either way, you got a good deal on it. :)

12. RVTECH

Well I got out and shot it today. Shoots great with low recoil. I've shot light .22 autos that have as much. Unfortunately it was snowing, hailing and the wind was blowing so I couldn't do any 'serious' target work with it but it appears to be accurate initially with several shots clover leafing at about 20 yards. Now I just need to work up some good loads for it.