JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Recreational shooting over a busy highway would not be something I would take part in. If there was a concrete cover where the vehicles drive under I might feel a little different about it but with current set up I would find a different range. The baffle is a nice touch but inadequate in my opinion.:eek:

Wow - how on earth do they manage to get insurance? We've got ranges here that won't let you practice reloads with muzzle up because "no muzzle over the berm" because of houses hundreds of yards away that could get thumped by a bullet being launched skyward - that range has cars driving under the flight path of the bullets. While it seems damn near impossible to have a car struck by a round in that setup, I can't see a liability lawyer or insurance agent okaying this setup here in the states.

Kind of neat, but kind of crazy at the same time.

I'd just be afeard driving on that road that one of those boys would get tired of static targets and start looking for something a little more dynamic...:eek:

Looks like he'll have to wait until after the competition to retrieve his brass, which gets thrown far forward off the shooting platform by the K31. Does the Swiss Army still use the camo pattern of the 'Bloke's' hat?

I'd just be afeard driving on that road that one of those boys would get tired of static targets and start looking for something a little more dynamic...:eek:

The road, which is 100 feet lower than the firing point, is totally invisible from the range. The targets are almost a hundred meters above the road, and 200m from it. The telephoto lens screw the viewpoint. The bullets fly almost 120m above the road, and the range is seventy years old - nobody has inadvertently 'collected' a bullet yet.

tac

upload_2016-9-27_22-25-56.png

Damn, and I have my kids hold my chrono...

This range needs to loosen up a little

I don't feel there is that much difference between that and the overhead concrete barriers at Tricounty Gun Club. Too high or too low at either range without their respective barriers and somebody could get hurt.

I think I've mentioned it before but we had to install sky screens at the San Quentin range after 2 incidents involving outside agencies borrowing the range on separate occasions where agents decided to drop and roll while firing. One resulted in a school bus being shot up at the bus storage yard, the other put a hole in one of the buildings at skywalker ranch/lucasfilm.
While those were preventable situations by simply not being an idiot while on the range it did cost large amounts of money to fix the problem, partly paid for by a land developer who couldn't get approval to build until the safety measures were in place.

I am impressed they still are allowed to shoot over a highway in that video - somehow doubt it would be allowed over any public road, let alone a highway here.

Jeez, if we're going to adopt Euro-policies and procedures, why can't we have a few of those over here, instead of bringing over the crap ideas we currently do? Especially having a place to grab a cold one right there on-site.

The Swiss also figure that if you are old enough to volunteer to give your life in defence of your country at age 18, then you are probably going to be OK with an alcoholic beverage, too.

tac

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads