JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can tell they have no intention of protecting the schools because they have yet to remove Democrat Joe Bidens law making our schools killing zones. Gun free zones are target rich for killers and little risk anyone fights back.

It really breaks down simply and has been discussed in other threads and beaten to death!! Let the teachers that want to exercise there constitutional right to carry the ability to do so.

This will help a lot!

I love sports too. All the high schools in this area now have, or are in the process of getting, artificial turf / field turf. The cost $$$ is astronomical but they are somehow doing it through donations and partnerships with private business. If 1/10 of the energy now being leveled at the NRA was directed toward securing the schools, we would be well on our way.

It is hard for me to believe this many years after 9/11, schools continue to go on without any real security. Anymore you can't go to an enclosed space where people congregate without being wanded. And, I agree money is part of the problem. But there's another part of the problem, which is 1. most of the staff cannot stomach the idea that it's their own students killing them and killing each other, and 2. a lot of kids are actively smuggling contraband, and they don't want anyone putting an end to their fun.

Great point how can anyone deny that 911 was a wake up call many of those becoming adults soon were not even born then
that how long we have done nothing to secure schools or borders. But spend billions on airport security mind you that are all privately owned businesses. Anyone see a problem ???

IMO sports and physical activity is just as important as learning math, proper English, biology and other subjects taught in schools. Sports teaches team work and how to come together with others to get something done. There's also the fact that now days parents are required to pay extra for every for every sport their kid participates in. When I was in high school the football program only required the players bring towels and jock straps.

I would disagree sports are as important, important yes equally no can't buy that and I was in sports in school.
That is the largest expense a school has that can be eliminated or reduced without effecting academics.
Important to realize our taxes pay for this and only a handful of kids get to use it unlike all the other classes, sports is designed for the best to be included. If I had it my way as a politician I would work to ban school sports period until every school was secure. Security is for all students sports are not and that why they are way less important especially since we all pay taxes, bond measure and such ...nope sorry cant agree on that if taxes pay for for even small amount as you suggest and zero on security then nope doesn't belong in public schools. Make sports and after school event only paid 100% by parents and they pay the coaches time and pay for fields equipment and maintenance, the parents cost now are nothing compared to what the school pays or should I say tax payers.

I would disagree sports are as important, important yes equally no can't buy that and I was in sports in school.
That is the largest expense a school has that can be eliminated or reduced without effecting academics.
Important to realize our taxes pay for this and only a handful of kids get to use it unlike all the other classes, sports is designed for the best to be included. If I had it my way as a politician I would work to ban school sports period until every school was secure. Security is for all students sports are not and that why they are way less important especially since we all pay taxes, bond measure and such ...nope sorry cant agree on that if taxes pay for for even small amount as you suggest and zero on security then nope doesn't belong in public schools. Make sports and after school event only paid 100% by parents and they pay the coaches time and pay for fields equipment and maintenance, the parents cost now are nothing compared to what the school pays or should I say tax payers.
But you know the Jocksniffertard Booster Clubs'll raise Holy Hell and the affluent Yuppie Scum that make up those Booster Clubs aren't just voters but more important Big Donors...

Sports have been reduced to an elective at many high schools. While competitive sports between schools and school districts may be debatable sports during school hours should still be mandatory (as well as gun safety).

I do wish that the "Powers that Be"...would ask teachers and other school staff...Just what they would like to see in School Security measures.
Many different folks have been saying that this needs to be done...or that needs to happen...
But no one has asked the folks that have to work and teach there...what they want.

Whatever gets done:
It will be expensive...
A understanding that each school and even each classroom is different , so a "one size fits all answer" will not work...It will take many different solutions to work together ...
The various schools around the country will have to get a different mindset...one that is flexible and allows for school staff to use their own initiative , for when , whatever school safety measures they have in place fail...
The schools will have understand that in the first chaotic minutes to hours even...they might be on their own...without the help , they need...

A long look at our education system and in our school counseling system is in order...to see what is working and what needs help or to be replaced....especially in relation to finding , reporting and getting the support to those who fall into the category of a 'School Shooter"...
And yes this means more money , "profiling" and if run unchecked , can be abused....

I do wish that I or anyone else , had some answers that made sense and worked ...but wishes do not get things done...
Hard questions and the hard work to make the solutions happen is what is needed.
Along with the understanding that what works in one school , may not work in a different school.
Andy

Andy, et al., most complainers as well as flag wavers in this union are looking for the "MAGIC" pill to:
ease the suffering of MH,
eliminate the declining school shootings,
to mitigate this nation's innately stagnate congress,
to rid the country of 'stupid' people (your choice on who is determined stupid),
to erase the educational system so our younger generation can learn,
etc.,
etc.,

Hard questions have been asked and no obvious consensus have been reached!

Interesting fact: in 1967 the Gays of this country took a stand and told everyone who would listen they were pushing for equal status under the law - everyone laughed, including our state and national legislature and leaders!

Under a half century later, the state and national level GLBT collaborative has successfully instituted their equal status RIGHTS under the Constitution, within in state laws, as well as recognition of their civil unions in all 50 states.

Wait a darn minute, there is an original amendment for gun rights and in 230+ years the firearm group(s) across this union can't get consensus on what those rights entail; yet in less than a half a century GLBT has consolidated their rights and achieved so much.

Andy, et al., the problem is wholly within the firearm groups themselves precluding ending this once and for all.

What would our species become without physical activity? It sounds like your saying that schools should not have period of physical activity for growing children.

"Come on kids, it's a beautiful day, get inside and sit on the couch and read." o_O

Take your braindead footballtards and stick 'em up your arse... P.E. = Affirma
What would our species become without physical activity? It sounds like your saying that schools should not have period of physical activity for growing children.

"Come on kids, it's a beautiful day, get inside and sit on the couch and read." o_O
Not all of us are into getting beaten up with Coach Retard's blessing by mouthbreathers whose sole useful skill is that they can catch a football. Shop class is plenty physical enough, as an alternate option for us who don't want to deal with musclebound oafs whose IQ is dwarfed by their shoe size...

Ya thats what I am saying...........gees :rolleyes:. I said the sports that we pay for as tax payers should not be paid for by us unless
security is addressed first. Play ground equipment is often paid for grants and not local taxes or bonds, your thinking of parks which everyone can use.
And you missed where I said that sports are only helping a few kids so what you wrote makes no sense football etc is
not supplying that access for all kids so you made my point for me. Unless a activity is for all kids and we pay for it I say hell no until our schools have security. It is careless to pay for a football field( example) a few can use instead of security that serves all kids.
This is how the left argues with crap, they say were special so we get funding and the hell with everyone else. I am saying serve all and protect first and then and only then once that is accomplished sure lets look at other stuff but not before then no way.

Take your braindead footballtards and stick 'em up your arse... P.E. = Affirma

Not all of us are into getting beaten up with Coach Retard's blessing by mouthbreathers whose sole useful skill is that they can catch a football. Shop class is plenty physical enough, as an alternate option for us who don't want to deal with musclebound oafs whose IQ is dwarfed by their shoe size...

You don't have to join the football team. Physical activity is good for a person. If it wasn't they would have golf carts at the range so I didn't have to walk 300 yards to place a target. o_O

The questions I would ask of Broward County parents are, "how important is your child's safety to you," and "how much is it worth to you?"

There are 3000 students in that school. If each parent kicked in $10/month, over a 9 month semester, that is $270K. Double that to $20/month and it's $540K. $20 per month is probably half of what they spend each month at Starbucks.

How much security do you think $540K would buy you? And I bet $20/month is looking pretty cheap after what just went down at that school. If you could have paid $20/month to prevent that nut job from doing what he did, would you? I think $20/month is looking pretty cheap when you put it in that context.

Now...should the government pay to secure our schools? I don't know. Realistically they probably don't have the money even though we all know they should, what with all the wasteful spending and mismanagement in our government. But if you sit here and wait for the government to step in and secure your kid's schools, you will probably be waiting a good long time.

If I were a parent with kids in school, I would be trying to band together with other like minded parents and the school administration to see what we could make happen at that level. Because it's highly unlikely the government is going to do much.

You haven't taken into account the other schools in the school district. So, how many schools are we up to now?

Humm......we'll need a bigger budget and more bureaucracy to hire.

Then.....
Are you aware that some kids (because of financial situations) get free school lunches? Yup......I don't believe that those parents will be paying "zip." So, what's left? Rrrright.....the middle class taxpayers gets stuck again. Too poor to send their kids to a private school and too rich to get a Govt. freebie. So, they (the middle class) ends up paying even more.

Do_it_for_the_kids.jpg

Well, since it's someone else's money. Oh....and re-election is coming up. LOL, even if it doesn't pass.....I still look good. Oh yeah....I care.

Then.....
I don't like the idea of Police Officers in the schools. Murders in schools happen so infrequently, that it's probably statistically a non-issue. OK, Ok, ok.....there are other situations that the Police Officer could be tasked with too. But, do you really want officers arresting kids when they get out of line? Or would/should the teachers and school administrators also be, "TEACHING the kids how to get along in society?" Without a court date and possible incarceration? LOL.....I got "the paddle" in Elementary School for speaking while in the lunch line. And sure, IF the offense is bad enough.....well, call in the PD. That option is still available.

And.....
If I were a Police Chief. I'd like more men on the streets, rather than stuck at a school.

If you were talking "armed security." Well maybe, the budget would be smaller. Though, once something becomes sort of a Govt Job.....watch the price go up. And, of course you gotta hire more bureaucracy to ensure that things function as they should.

Hey, my cousin's sister's best friend's son in law is looking for a good steady job. You know....he's that guy that worked on ________'s campaign for re-election.

So then......illegal border crossings happen daily. If you/I only have a limited budget.......it's probably wiser to spend it where it'll do the most good. IMHO......we need that border wall. ASAP.

What would the LIBERALS say IF.......an illegal, was to go to a school and start murdering kids?

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
There needs to be a mandatory Death Penalty within 30 days upon conviction for anyone engaged in a "school shooting". No appeal at all will be entertained. If one commits this type of crime, there is no other appropriate punishment. Their right to exist is thereby forfeit. Society has no use for this human flotsam. They are little more than refuse (oxygen and nutrition thieves). Prepare yourself for "termination".

While physical activity is important, if you have no intellect, there is very little future for you in today's world you are about as useful as an illegal Mexican invader. Get with an Industrial Arts Instructor and learn a manual skill... and quickly.

There is an Amendment (the 8th) in the Constitution about "cruel and unusual punishment."

Funny, that the court can't figure out what ".....shall not be infringed" means.

Aloha, Mark

There is an Amendment (the 8th) in the Constitution about "cruel and unusual punishment."

Funny, that the court can't figure out what ".....shall not be infringed" means.

Aloha, Mark

They get "due process" but upon conviction, there's no quarter, no pity, no sympathy. Make your final arrangments and make room in the cell for other worthless mouth breathers.

Stick them with a fork, they're done!

You have been discussing the needless deaths of 17 individuals and how to prevent them, taxing this, charging parents that, etc., yet:
1. Nobody talks about those 41,000 souls lost annually due to vehicle crashes - majority caused while drivers under the influence.
2. Nobody talks about those 88,000 souls lost annually to alcohol
3. Nobody talks about those 42,249 souls lost annually to opioid overdoses - to the point this nation's Surgeon General wants America's citizens to purchase and carry Narcan nasal spray!

Finally, a tragic loss of 14 souls in a split second, the majority of a junior hockey team due traffic accident!

173K of our parents, partners, offspring, friends, our loved ones lost ever year, yet we are wringing our hands, contriving ways after the 17 souls lost their lives due to someone's MH instability actions which the school and LE were aware of - that is quite simply the root cause of this loss of life, this time, and marching the troops through the hall of our educational facilities won't stop if from occurring again!

Kinda like after an accident everyone's root cause analogy is more trainging is needed, yet the same accident keep recurring, same scenario in this thread, your proposed fixes do not solve is issue!

You have been discussing the needless deaths of 17 individuals and how to prevent them, taxing this, charging parents that, etc., yet:
1. Nobody talks about those 41,000 souls lost annually due to vehicle crashes - majority caused while drivers under the influence.
2. Nobody talks about those 88,000 souls lost annually to alcohol
3. Nobody talks about those 42,249 souls lost annually to opioid overdoses - to the point this nation's Surgeon General wants America's citizens to purchase and carry Narcan nasal spray!

Finally, a tragic loss of 14 souls in a split second, the majority of a junior hockey team due traffic accident!

173K of our parents, partners, offspring, friends, our loved ones lost ever year, yet we are wringing our hands, contriving ways after the 17 souls lost their lives due to someone's MH instability actions which the school and LE were aware of - that is quite simply the root cause of this loss of life, this time, and marching the troops through the hall of our educational facilities won't stop if from occurring again!

Kinda like after an accident everyone's root cause analogy is more trainging is needed, yet the same accident keep recurring, same scenario in this thread, your proposed fixes do not solve is issue!

Your point is well taken but we aren't driving the narrative. We are responding to real cases of having all our Rights ignored and abused. School shooting are just one of the mechanisms used. Sorry, I should say, school shootings that were allowed to occur. When school shootings or mass attacks are stopped or the shooter neutralized they become a non media event.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top