JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was at BiMart here in Vancouver, a few days ago and noticed that all they had left to sell were SCCY 9MM's. They were $179.00. I own one of these and enjoy the heck out of it. It's not a Glock, or a Sig, or an HK or anything other than what it is. I use mine as my "truck" gun. They come with a lifetime (transferable) warrantee, two magazines and are double action only. I have the CX-2 which doesn't have a safety on it. The trigger pull is very heavy and quite long. The reset is long too. However, once you get used to shooting it, you may really enjoy it. I have seen the price as low as $159.00 and these low prices make this an attractive gun for gang-bangers. I haven't tried shooting mine sideways, but assume that it will work well in that street combat, drive by, local grocery store robbery, type situation. Because of the reality of close combat, I think that in this era of very expensive guns, this will be a great choice for those on a budget or someone that simply needs a handgun for self defense and is not a regular target shooter. There are no bells and whistles, just a lot of reliable handgun for very little (relatively speaking) money. Accuracy is good with the existing sights. I was able to shoot a cheap cigar out of my wife's hand at 100 feet while riding a horse at approximately 30 MPH.

LOL. They are a decent option for the scratch. @Joe13 has one and it's been quite reliable for him IIRC. I tagged him here for his opinion. :)

Stainless barrel and slide.

Florida made and lifetime no ask warranty.

I got mine used with a round count of 400.

Ive put more then another 700 down it. Only issue was a FTE after a no clean torture test cuz I wanted to know it's fail point and that was several hundred rounds before it happened.

It eats every weight or style of bullet and I've tried them all.

Only draw back for me is it has A long and fairly heavy trigger but the faster I shoot it the better my groups are.

I don't consider it more then a 7 yard gun, although I can easily get all hits on a plate at 15-20 yards so I keep it as a gut gun and something I can keep in the pack I take with me everywhere and always know I have 10+10 with the extra mag easily accessible.

I have a first gen and hear the newer gens are better - don't get one with a safety cuz if you have it in a holster of any kind that covers the trigger there is no way to pull the trigger far enough to fire it.

Just my 2¢

My son picked up one and it has a horrible trigger pull and reset as stated by OP.

His has issue with loaded magazine and cycling the first round into the chamber. Tends to hang and need a little "encouragement" to cycle the slide closed on the first round.

After that, it cycles every round through and ejects/feeds without issue.

Any help with that first round loading would be appreciated.

All in all, for the price, it is a great little back-up!

My son picked up one and it has a horrible trigger pull and reset as stated by OP.

His has issue with loaded magazine and cycling the first round into the chamber. Tends to hang and need a little "encouragement" to cycle the slide closed on the first round.

Polish the feed ramp?

Getting ready to polish everything i can. Feed ramp, breach-face, etc. It's almost as if the cartridge "hangs" on something - as if the feed ramp needs a slightly less angle into the chamber.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

:s0155:

Stainless barrel and slide.

Florida made and lifetime no ask warranty.

I got mine used with a round count of 400.

Ive put more then another 700 down it. Only issue was a FTE after a no clean torture test cuz I wanted to know it's fail point and that was several hundred rounds before it happened.

It eats every weight or style of bullet and I've tried them all.

Only draw back for me is it has A long and fairly heavy trigger but the faster I shoot it the better my groups are.

I don't consider it more then a 7 yard gun, although I can easily get all hits on a plate at 15-20 yards so I keep it as a gut gun and something I can keep in the pack I take with me everywhere and always know I have 10+10 with the extra mag easily accessible.

I have a first gen and hear the newer gens are better - don't get one with a safety cuz if you have it in a holster of any kind that covers the trigger there is no way to pull the trigger far enough to fire it.

Just my 2¢
A good review!

Depending upon when your SCCY was built, it may have magazine issues. A simple phone call to SCCY will result in two new magazines being sent to you. It's what I had to do and now it's the epitome of reliability.

Depending upon when your SCCY was built, it may have magazine issues. A simple phone call to SCCY will result in two new magazines being sent to you. It's what I had to do and now it's the epitome of reliability.

I know what i am going to do first thing Monday morning! Thank you for the info!!! :s0155:

IMHO....if you're looking at the SCCY. Then, also look at the Diamondback 9mm before you decide to make your purchase.

I love my Diamondback 9mm.:D

Aloha, Mark

1) And it's NOT fugly like a High Point handgun.
Not much is as fugly as a Hi-Point.

2) "Getting ready to polish everything i can. Feed ramp, breach-face, etc. It's almost as if the cartridge "hangs" on something - as if the feed ramp needs a slightly less angle into the chamber."
Be VERY careful about doing this. I recall from my days as a working gunsmith a piece that came in with some feed ramp "work" by the owner. The affected/afflicted areas looked like an all day sucker @ around 1500 hrs. with no way to fix it. The gun was trash. :( (At least it was a Llama 9mm rather than something good to start with.) If the round is indeed hanging up on something I would suggest you really try to ascertain what that is before proceeding with brute force and ignorance. Changing the feed ramp angle is a good way to cause irreparable damage.
"After that, it cycles every round through and ejects/feeds without issue." This is a pretty good indicator that the feed ramp angle isn't the culprit. Suggest you call SCCY and ask them "WTF, over?" before you jump in with both feet. Besides, if it's only on the 1st round you can check to see that it's in battery as opposed to having it happen halfway thru a magazine.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top