JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
hey everyone i just picked up a savage m11 in a .308 cal i was wondering if i made a good choice for a long range rifle . what i wanted was a 10fp but i could not find one in my price range .is it possible to change out the barrel to a bull barrel on the m11?

Go to Midway and do a search for EH SHAW and savage. They sell barrel swap kits for the Savage rifles. Cost runs around $200.00 currently on back order. Search results for: E H Shaw savage

But first I would shoot the thing. Savage rifles might surprize you just as they come from the factory. My model 12 VLP in .243 is almost scarry accurate.

Thanks for the reply guys ... i have one more question lol ... i need a scope for a reasonable price ? what should i look for when it comes to scopes ? the rifle came with a nikon and i have heard they were junk ? i hope i have heard wrong !

Absolutely shoot it before messing around with it. Savage rifles are notoriously accurate out of the box. Especially with a .308 Win. If you are a handloader, there is more info out there than you will ever use for this great cartridge. For factory loads, feed it a quality 150 gr load and be careful to do your part with breathing and sound trigger control...my bet is you'll be back posting about sub-MOA groups at 100 yards!!

My rule of thumb is to spend at least as much on the scope as you do on the rifle. Using a sub-par scope on a nice new rifle is like putting old, re-capped tires on a brand new car. In my experience, the Nikon scopes have been fine. I am just not a fan of the BDC reticles I have tried.