JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i have come up w/99 sav. in 300--this gun is ser.# 969xxx witch puts it into the 70's--Q. can i simply change barell,and brass rotary mag for 308 , and have a 99/308 or just how much is involved here--my (gun guru wanabe) says thats about it ,but my thoughts are to ask before moving forward--i'm not worried about coll. value--i just want a fun gun--thats cheap to opperate on 308 !

thanks......steven

If your .300 is in good shape, you shouldn't have any trouble finding a comparable .308 99 to trade for, and certainly for less difference (if any) than rebarelling your .300. Personally, I'd keep the .300 as is, and as for ammo expense, if you don't handload, find a buddy who does. I'm also not sure you'd have to change the rotor if you are dead-set on converting the gun. I think you could test this by carefully attempting to load a round or two of .308 into the magazine only, and working the lever only partially to see if the .308 wants to start toward the chamber (don't chamber).

For the money spent to convert this gun, you can buy a heck of a lot of .300 ammo.

thanks "spitpatch" ! your right -- as i checked into this a little farther , the amount of time spent shooting this gun along with the rest of fun guns is limited . so i think i'll just look for some ammo on sale on internet,and pick it up as i can-- this should allow me plenty of play time !!

thanks.....steven