JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not seeing a thread on these. How are you folks doing?

I grew up in Salem, and these fires are much different than those back in the 70's and early 80's. There were fairly small West side fires, and we could get smoke from Central/Eastern OR fires. Not like they have now.

IMG_20200908_183511.jpg
This is the view from my brother's house in Salem looking east. He's pretty sure their cabin up the Santiam Valley is in ashes by now.

Cross post this with the thread in Survival. We have a great opportunity to help each other out.

Eastern Lebanon right now! No evec orders, visual 1/4 to 3/8 mile. Roads closed from Sodaville eastern access to Sweet Home.
Sky is very dark, and trouble for folks with breathing problems. I am ok with no burnable outside the house, metal roof anf cement siding.
Well and 20K generator. I could offer light shelter for up to 4 people if absolutely necessary.
Tom

The number of fires in all these different places with no known cause of ignition makes me suspicious that they may have been intentionally set, maybe by anarchist types ????

Lots of rumors going around on this. I'm reserving judgement until we know more. but neither a hoax or a planned arson operation would surprise me at this point.

Had to deal with emotional family members several times last night based on social media misinformation about fires and evacuation areas. Got everybody calmed down and amazingly we didn't all get burned to death over the night. It's easy to let bubblegum get your mind work too much overtime.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top