JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi,

I was wanting to know if there are any areas that we can go too without having to join and pay yearly membership, perhaps a day use fee?
I was wanting to head somewhere with one of my kids in the next 1-2 weeks, any feedback appreciated. Thanks!

sounds like crooked finger. anyone know if the roads are dried up yet? last i heard there was a deep pool. thanks

and aussie I havet heard of a range yet but i want to check out the one in brooks. i forget the name however. but there are a lot of outdoors areas but they are all a good driv away.

Brooks? Are you talking about Mitchells? They are a Shotgun only range open to the public. I've never heard of anything else close to Brooks and I been around here 55 years. That area is pretty flat land.

sounds like crooked finger. anyone know if the roads are dried up yet? last i heard there was a deep pool. thanks

and aussie I havet heard of a range yet but i want to check out the one in brooks. i forget the name however. but there are a lot of outdoors areas but they are all a good driv away.

I headed up Crooked finger last Wednesday and four wheel drive was a must due to snow, at least to where I go and with the weather I was dealing with. No puddles too deep for the Exploder but some of the snow covered up hill corners were.....interesting.

thanks diesel good info. and thanks mark. i didnt know it was shotgun only. sounds nice though i might still go check it out.

have any of you heard about hebo shooting areas? an old fart once told me that theres an old military area up past hebo lake with areas to go shoot. if theres any truth to that itd be a nice rounder after a day of fishing

Man, Hebo Lake is a long ways for someone from Salem to go shoot. The best place if don't want to pay for membership is up Crooked Finger Road. As you drive up from Scotts Mills, head up crooked finger road. Once you hit the gravel, (which is about ten miles up) go about another five or more miles up the gravel road, following the straightest path (not turning off onto any side roads.) Eventually you'll see a clearing on the left side through some trees. It's an old landing area where everyone shoots. The state police used a bull dozer to create a big back stop. Just be careful if you go up during the week as its an active logging area and you're bound to get run over by a log truck.

Public Safety Training Center in Clackamas is also really awesome...weird hours, but you can't beat the lane fee for shooting as long as you want. Only catch is you have to use their ammo and should call ahead to see if they have any before you head up. If you have any other questions, I know of a few other places up Crooked Finger way where OSP allows people to shoot.

I head out hwy22 towards Detroit. About Mehama/Lyons you pass the famous Gene's Meat Market, just past that on the left is Wagner RD. It's gravel for a handful of miles with homes, then it turns to the classic loggin road. There are several spots to shoot on that road, with one great long distance area 150yds+.

I live in Woodburn so it's still about a 45min drive, if there are closer spots in the Silver Falls park area let me know!! :)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top