JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates

Upcoming Dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates
How is this show? Never been down to one in Salem?
In the long ago past, during the Clinton Years, it was on par with the ARPC gun shows.. but after Collectors West split from whatever it was; it became much smaller, a mere shadow of its former self. Less than 1/2 of the building if that, and many empty tables. That was when I went there last time, 10 or so years ago. Not sure if it has improved any since then. At that time, it was split between Salem and Canby or Vancouver gun shows by the same event promoters, and that may have been why so small.. but this time? I don't know? Maybe same size as Wes Knodel shows in Albany?

The one last year was small because of the blizzard a week or so before the show. Several of the vendors cancelled at the last minute because they didn't have the supplies to bring to the show. Hopefully this one will have more people showing up.

Is that good or bad?
The Salem gun show has never been very big, but this year was better than last. For some venues, we're getting into a circular decline in attendance and vendor participation. If people don't show up and make purchases, the vendors can only keep participating for so long before it's no longer profitable for them to make the investment. Conversely, if fewer vendors show up, there is ess merchandise available and people are less likely to purchase. I'm hearing that some of the venues are raising their prices considerably. That makes it even tougher for people. The price of $70 per table has doubled at some places.

I saw quite a few guns going out the door last weekend and the CHL classes seemed to be doing well. The knife maker next to me says he does better at home shows, church events, and swap meets than at gun shows. I was rather impressed with his Damascus steel kitchen knives. They were great quality and less than $100 each with some at $65.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top