JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates

Upcoming Dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates
Reactions
Salem Gun Show at the Fairgrounds, Columbia Hall

Saturday & Sunday, Feb 24th & 25th. Saturday 9-4, Sunday 10-3.

The venue is now charging $5 to park. Salt Water Sportsman's Show is going on next door so you can attend both with one parking fee.

They, the promoter killed this show 20+ years ago and were making a small comeback. Now that they are charging for parking is like sticking the last nail in the coffin.

Had nothing to do today and was entertaining the idea of attending this small venue but now that they are charging for parking I guess I'll find something else to do.

Collectors West has nothing to do with parking fees. Those are set by the fairgrounds. They also raised the price of the venue. Again, the promoter does not own the Oregon State Fairgrounds or control those prices.

Sounds like a bunch of crabby old women up in here!

Crabby Old Woman, no just tired of throwing money away on a bunk show that is half candy, beanie babies and purses and the other half Chinese accessories.

Collectors West has nothing to do with parking fees. Those are set by the fairgrounds. They also raised the price of the venue. Again, the promoter does not own the Oregon State Fairgrounds or control those prices.

Sounds like a bunch of crabby old women up in here!
It's not about who charges for the parking, it's about total cost vs quality of the show. If it costs 5 bucks to park and 10 bucks to get in I better be able to spend all day looking at/ buying cool stuff. If I pay 15 bucks and can see everything in less than an hour I don't feel it's worth my time and money.

It's not about who charges for the parking, it's about total cost vs quality of the show. If it costs 5 bucks to park and 10 bucks to get in I better be able to spend all day looking at/ buying cool stuff. If I pay 15 bucks and can see everything in less than an hour I don't feel it's worth my time and money.
Felt the same and I hesitated to go but went anyways. Arrived at 905am, went through twice, and out the door by 940am.
Its important to attend shows when I can, but unfortunately I doubt I attend this one again.

Went with friends. Some deals on ammo and powder… my friend even scored 3000 LRPs for two bills and a bulk ammo deal. The guns and knives pretty much sucked. I bought Holy Black and a nice antique pair of Wiss scissors for my scruff.

I wanted to add that as a vendor I'd like to have tables at these smaller shows and used to but they are kind of trapped in a Catch -22. The venue charges more to rent the hall and for parking. Insurance costs to put on the show are up so cost for tables are more for the vendors and the gate fees for customers are more as well. This causes less foot traffic thru the door and that equates to less sales for the vendors. Add in the non- instant background checks and it ends up being death by 1000 cuts.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top