JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
dinzagarms.com has gas tubes made for the saiga 7.62 that look like AK gas tubes. Then you need the upper wood handguard with the retainer. for the bottom you need the bolt on retainer and the lower handguard and done....U have a AK handguard. you should check the site out to correct me if im wrong.

By the time you've invested the parts and time into "converting" it, you could have bought a cheap beater AK or put that same money towards a decent one.

I actually prefer the hunting stock on the 7.62x39 and the .223. They feel better than the Mini-14 and are about as accurate.. HAHA!

But the .308's.. MMMM.. *drools*

I converted mine. I know-I know.. with all the time and parts/shipping I could have bought a .308 FAL used.. But I HATED the stock trigger.. it was to say the least a POS!!!

Anyhow, the Saigas are brand spanking new IN BOX and the .308 is the easiest to convert. I have the 20" right now. I don't think I'd ever part with it, to tell you the truth.

Anyone selling their 16" .308?
I'll takes it off your hands.
=]

Here is a question for you Saiga compliance experts.

I seems that there is a difference of opinion as to whether 4 or 5 Russian parts need to be replaced if one adds an evil AK feature to a stock Saiga. I am not interested in doing a full on conversion and am wondering if this would comply.

If I take a stock Saiga .410 and replace the forearm grip with an American made one (1 part), the magazine with an american made one (3 parts), and the original russian buttstock with an american made ACE pistol grip/receiver block would this comply. I know the pistol grip does not count because there wasn't one on the original Saiga, however if I do not have a buttstock at all I am removing one Russian part that way. By my count I will have gotten rid of 5 Russian parts and would be in compliance. Without a buttstock it is still well over the 26" minimum length limit. This works for me, do you think it would work for the ATF?

I got this from: http://www.dinzagarms.com/922r/922r.html

There are several other websites with the same information. Of course the ATF makes it impossible to actually find this info on their website

A Saiga Rifle in factory configuration has 14 parts.
A Saiga shotgun threaded for chokes has 14 parts.
A Saiga shotgun not threaded for chokes has 13 parts.
(factory saiga parts in bold)

(1) Receiver

(2) Barrels

(3) Barrel extensions

(4) Mounting blocks, trunnion (rifles only)

(5) Muzzle attachments (shotguns w/ threaded barrels only)

(6) Bolts

(7) Bolt carriers

(8) Operating rods

(9) Gas pistons

(10) Trigger housings

(11) Triggers

(12) Hammers

(13) Sears

(14) Disconnectors

(15) Buttstock

(16) Pistol grips

(17) Forearms, handguards

(18) Magazine bodies

(19) Followers

(20) Floorplates

The important thing to remember is that no more than 10 of your parts from the list can be foreign made. If you add a part (one not in bold) it had better be US made or you will need to replace an additional part somewhere else.

I have seen it written places that the ATF could consider use of high capacity magazines non-sporting and would require full compliance with 922 (r).

If I take a stock Saiga .410 and replace the forearm grip with an American made one (1 part), the magazine with an american made one (3 parts), and the original russian buttstock with an american made ACE pistol grip/receiver block would this comply. I know the pistol grip does not count because there wasn't one on the original Saiga, however if I do not have a buttstock at all I am removing one Russian part that way. By my count I will have gotten rid of 5 Russian parts and would be in compliance. Without a buttstock it is still well over the 26" minimum length limit. This works for me, do you think it would work for the ATF?

My understanding (And I would not take just my word for it) is that if you are 922 (r) compliant (see above list) and meet the NFA requirements for length, you should be good to go. Remember, it is not how many American parts you have that matters. The limit is only on the number of foreign parts.

Still looking for a used 16inch Saiga .308... I've already got a 22"

Let me know if you've got one for sale!?

BTW, I'm thinking of threading mine.. anyone know a trustworthy gunsmith CAPABLE of competently threading a barrel?

Hey, can I modify an older Chinese or Romanian 75 round drum to fit a Saiga 7.62x39?

If you've done it, know who does, know who might sell one, will sell one to me, will make one for me in exchange for money...Let me know!

I REALLY don't want to modify the Saiga rifle to accept older mags. I'd rather modify the magazine.

Hey, can I modify an older Chinese or Romanian 75 round drum to fit a Saiga 7.62x39?

If you've done it, know who does, know who might sell one, will sell one to me, will make one for me in exchange for money...Let me know!

I REALLY don't want to modify the Saiga rifle to accept older mags. I'd rather modify the magazine.

Once you modify the Saiga to accept the AK mags, the drum will lock right in. There really isn't a way to get the AK mags to work in a Saiga without converting it....the Saiga mags have a bullet guide as part of the magazine whereas AKs have the bullet guide as part of the trunnion.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top