Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

saiga 20 inch rear sight help

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by cetme, Apr 10, 2010.

1. cetme

cetme oregon city Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hello im wanting to replace the rear factory sight on my saiga 7.62x39 with a windage adjustable unit.im new to the ak any help appreciated much.

2. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if these guys have what you are looking for, but they have one of the widest variety of parts I've found so far. http://www.dinzagarms.com/

Here's a popular forum to ask specific Saiga questions. They have a Saiga 20 section. http://forum.saiga-12.com/

Keith

3. cetme

cetme oregon city Member

i appreciate the links.im not finding out what other sights besides what came on it marked with 1-3 hundred yards only will work with the length of this barrel.it seems to me this may be a critical factor,and can only find rear military sights in 16 inch and rpk barrel length.would the rpk be "close enough"or way out there?im not really experienced in this area.i really hope to even just have the standard 1-10 scale,let alone a windage adjustable sight.not too keen with peeps for some reason.my vision seems somewhat off,but ok with the rear leaf.my other has a scope,so am i trying to do the undoable?thanks for the input.

4. trainsktg

Being a shotgun, its possible that windage adjustable sights are considered an impractical addition.

I'm fairly new to these Saiga shotguns myself. I'll be purchasing a Red Jacket Classic Saiga 12 on Monday, my first after fairly extensive research.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct776.aspx

Keith

5. cetme

cetme oregon city Member

hello i believe you missed the 7.62x39 part.its a rifle not a shotgun.im hoping to have one of those too. thanks

6. trainsktg

You're right, I did. I saw the Saiga 20 and stopped absorbing information right there. :eek:

Keith

7. cetme

cetme oregon city Member

well i think ive figured out the deal today.i compared the sights on a wasr and the saiga.they are the same .the wasr has the standard 16 inch barrel who would of guessed they would or could work on a 20 inch barrel also,ill be picking up an adjustable bulgarian sight from copes soon .does anyone have a better place or better deal out there? im new at the ak stuff thanks