JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a stainless Marlin Papoose with a broken rear flip-up leaf sight (#38 in the attached pic). I found the correct replacement part, but it's been discontinued or is obsolete.
I've heard that some aftermarket sights (the entire rear sight with dovetail mount - 36, 37 and 38 in the attached pic) might fit, but I havne't found any compatible with the 70PSS, at least not specifially.

Does anyone have suggestions/recommendations on what would fit off-the-shelf?

Marlin_995SS70PSS_schem.jpg

These are different, but would work if you like the style

Should work, but I would probably leave the barrel in place after you got it sighted in. POI shouldn't shift , but the papoose is the simplest of takedowns, so I wouldn't count on it being consistent for long.

These are different, but would work if you like the style

I saw that too, but it mounts to the receiver, whereas the original is mounted to the barrel. I'd prefer not to mount to the receiver for accuracy reasons. If I can't find anything else, I'll take this route.

Thanks for the input!

It's all original plus 1 magazine. The flip sight cracked on one of the mounting holes. I'd be happy replacing that with the original for $8, but they're obsolete.

I just want it useable for as little as possible.

I have a stainless Marlin Papoose with a broken rear flip-up leaf sight (#38 in the attached pic). I found the correct replacement part, but it's been discontinued or is obsolete.
I've heard that some aftermarket sights (the entire rear sight with dovetail mount - 36, 37 and 38 in the attached pic) might fit, but I havne't found any compatible with the 70PSS, at least not specifially.

Does anyone have suggestions/recommendations on what would fit off-the-shelf?

View attachment 1765457
I have a stainless leaf rear sight that came on a Marlin. If you want it PM me your address and Ill get it in Mondays mail. [ I'm going into town Monday] It may have come on a Model 60 or a Guide Gun. Overall length is 3" and 2.5 of that is from the muzzle end of the dovetail measuring toward the receiver.
DR

I have a stainless leaf rear sight that came on a Marlin. If you want it PM me your address and Ill get it in Mondays mail. [ I'm going into town Monday] It may have come on a Model 60 or a Guide Gun. Overall length is 3" and 2.5 of that is from the muzzle end of the dovetail measuring toward the receiver.
DR
Thanks! I'll PM you right now.

DR
It seems I can't PM you. I'm locked out of your profile and the Start Conversation button doesn't work when I click on your avatar.
Maybe send me a PM and I'll see if I can reply to you?

DR
I received it the other day. Exactly what I was looking for, thanks!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top