JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bolt action rifle: Anyone know if you can change a Winchester style safety (Three position) to a Remington/Weatherby/etc (Slide?) style safety?

Who would know on NWF? I've looked on the web but still not seeing anything.

Why? I like everything BUT the Winchester safety on my first new hunting rifle in 30 years.

Thanks, Jason

wintorem.jpg

Bolt action rifle: Anyone know if you can change a Winchester style safety (Three position) to a Remington/Weatherby/etc (Slide?) style safety?

Who would know on NWF? I've looked on the web but still not seeing anything.

Why? I like everything BUT the Winchester safety on my first new hunting rifle in 30 years.

Thanks, Jason

View attachment 1747208
Have you checked with any of the gunsmiths in your area. I suspect they are the most likely to know.
Hopefully, one of them will see the post and reply if it even possible.

People pay lots of money to convert rifles to the M70 style safety.

Never heard of the other direction.

But, If you want a Winchester with that style safety, there is the early Model 670. Later ones changed to the bolt-mounted safety. The 670 was an economy version of the 70.

Here's one:

Maybe the M670 trigger assembly would fit a M70.

Bruce

Last Edited:
It's a two-step procedure:
1. Sell the Winchester
2. Buy a Remington
Done
It is for sale. Do you want it? Kimber 84M Hunter Pro Resolve Blk with scope and mounts $1000 listed here on Northwest Firearms. Seriously though, I love the gun otherwise. ALL stainless, claw extractor, muzzle brake, ultralight, NOT $2000+, etc etc. I just forget how the safety works when I need to know how it works. Age maybe or 30 years with ONE GUN with a Remington style safety.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads