JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
SAF tells Conn. school district to stop blocking pro-gun websites

The Second Amendment Foundation is threatening "prompt legal action" following reports yesterday that a Connecticut school district's filtering system was blocking access to websites belonging to firearms rights advocacy groups, while allowing access to gun control organizations in what appears to be a clear violation of the First Amendment.

<broken link removed>

The legal action could get the ball rolling on rolling some heads and rectifying the situation. Libs want the "Fairness Doctrine" back - they should practice it.

Internet blocking is generally broken. I doubt SAF is a special snowflake that someone specifically blocked. More likely they are just blocking on specific gun keywords. Maybe it was a slow news day for SAF?

Kids in schools don't have broad 1st Amendment rights in general, anyway. School administrators have been censoring their little hearts out for years, thanks to SCOTUS.

http://www.firstamendmentschools.org/freedoms/faq.aspx?id=12825

Overall, not even in my top 50 priorities in RKBA. ;)

Rights don't apply in schools (SCOTUS), and this is happening all over the country, any school wifi that I have been on will block any weapon related pages.

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

Internet blocking is generally broken. I doubt SAF is a special snowflake that someone specifically blocked. More likely they are just blocking on specific gun keywords. Maybe it was a slow news day for SAF?

Kids in schools don't have broad 1st Amendment rights in general, anyway. School administrators have been censoring their little hearts out for years, thanks to SCOTUS.

http://www.firstamendmentschools.org/freedoms/faq.aspx?id=12825

Overall, not even in my top 50 priorities in RKBA. ;)
The school district uses Norton and they say it's a conscious decision of someone there and requires changing settings to do. So the school district can't say they didn't know about it and no one there is responsible.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

It isn't just about them blocking gun related sites, it's a systematic blocking of conservative-oriented websites including the GOP national website, pro-life organizations, gun-rights organizations, etc. while the DNC, Planned Parenthood, the Brady Campaign sites were a-okay.

It was a conscious decision on someone's part to block those sites, because of their personal or organizational agenda - either way it was wrong and heads need to roll. THe message should be clear that schools should be neutral ground - not someplace for either side to push their political agenda. Schools should be places to learn, period. Not someplace to become indoctrinated.

I agree, however, it is established by multiple, both liberal and conservative courts that the rights we believe in do apply to students in the classroom. Think that stinks, now Customs and Immigration can detain, search, and confiscate when you are returning to the US without warrant, and cause is of minor consequence. Thanks you both Bush and Obama. Welcome to the police state.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top